GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   My Pond in a pot (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/184782-my-pond-pot.html)

JDS[_2_] 14-06-2009 10:58 PM

My Pond in a pot

3 feeder goldfish. 4 plants. 1 fish jumped out after a week. Seems like
I'm growing some algae on the walls of the pot, and today I noticed "scum"
on the surface. Comments? I can post a photo somewhere if viewing the pot
would help with critiques. Thanks.

JDS

~ jan[_3_] 15-06-2009 01:17 PM

My Pond in a pot

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 17:58:00 EDT, "JDS" wrote:

3 feeder goldfish. 4 plants. 1 fish jumped out after a week. Seems like
I'm growing some algae on the walls of the pot, and today I noticed "scum"
on the surface. Comments? I can post a photo somewhere if viewing the pot
would help with critiques. Thanks.

JDS

Would love to see a picture. Algae on walls good. Scum on surface not so
good, keeps O2 from exchanging with water. Another reason for surface
movement. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

JDS[_2_] 16-06-2009 03:48 PM

My Pond in a pot

added 2 grass plants supposed to help with algae scum and 2 snails.

where can i post the pic?

~ jan[_3_] 17-06-2009 10:56 PM

My Pond in a pot

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:48:24 EDT, "JDS" wrote:

added 2 grass plants supposed to help with algae scum and 2 snails.

where can i post the pic?

photobucket.com maybe? ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

JDS[_2_] 18-06-2009 03:09 PM

My Pond in a pot

here is a link to flickr photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theilli...48281/sizes/o/

Kurt[_2_] 18-06-2009 09:35 PM

My Pond in a pot

In article , "JDS"
wrote:

here is a link to flickr photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theilli...48281/sizes/o/

Not a good service, to view your photos, you first need to sign in to
Yahoo, then join Flickr.

You don't need to do any of that with Photobucket.

Hal[_3_] 18-06-2009 09:35 PM

My Pond in a pot

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:09:28 EDT, "JDS" wrote:

here is a link to flickr photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theilli...48281/sizes/o/

Try telling flikr to share photo, or album, otherwise we have to sign
in to your account.

Regards,

Hal http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb81/Hal035/

Jim Elbrecht 18-06-2009 09:36 PM

My Pond in a pot

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:09:28 EDT, "JDS" wrote:

here is a link to flickr photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theilli...48281/sizes/o/

I get [after I signed in to Yahoo] a page saying it is private.

It is simpler to share photos on photobucket.com, or
http://theimagehosting.com/ - neither require the folks who want to
see your pictures to sign in. [I'm sure there are others but I
haven't looked for one in years.]

Jim

JDS[_2_] 19-06-2009 12:19 AM

My Pond in a pot

Sorry about that - here is the photobucket link

http://s955.photobucket.com/albums/a...nt=pondpot.jpg

JDS[_2_] 19-06-2009 12:20 AM

My Pond in a pot

odd - i posted it as public.....

see photobucket link in new post.

JDS[_2_] 19-06-2009 12:20 AM

My Pond in a pot

wow - photo is set to public. not sure what the issue is there.

see prior post for photobucket.com

Hal[_3_] 19-06-2009 05:57 PM

My Pond in a pot

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:19:44 EDT, "JDS" wrote:

Sorry about that - here is the photobucket link

http://s955.photobucket.com/albums/a...nt=pondpot.jpg

That's neat!

I put a bucket filter in a barrel and 4 goldfish survive there and my
wife likes the splashing water. Just put up a picture today.

Regards

~ jan[_3_] 19-06-2009 07:08 PM

My Pond in a pot

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:35:32 EDT, Kurt wrote:

Not a good service, to view your photos, you first need to sign in to
Yahoo, then join Flickr.

Yea... and they want to install cookies too, don't think so.

You don't need to do any of that with Photobucket.

Good point. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

~ jan[_3_] 19-06-2009 07:08 PM

My Pond in a pot

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:19:44 EDT, "JDS" wrote:

Sorry about that - here is the photobucket link

http://s955.photobucket.com/albums/a...nt=pondpot.jpg

Cool!!!! JDS, I have 3 of those same pots! And I totally forgot what I do
to stop stagnation. Okay... one does have a pump with spitter... because I
just can't leave a quiet pool alone I guess. roll eyes But the other 2...
DS has all 3 hooked to drip system, when sprinklers come on they overflow a
bit every other day. I have used baby goldfish in the past, tadpoles last
year... and this year, some of the straight tailed wakins will go in them
for skeeter control.

Yours looks very cute! I put irises from the koi pond in mine, along with
floating islands of water cress & creeping jenny, and a canna I've
conditioned to water. Between 2 of them I have a bench seat that sits on
the edge of them. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

~ jan[_3_] 19-06-2009 07:08 PM

My Pond in a pot

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 12:57:48 EDT, Hal wrote:

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:19:44 EDT, "JDS" wrote:

Sorry about that - here is the photobucket link

http://s955.photobucket.com/albums/a...nt=pondpot.jpg

That's neat!

I put a bucket filter in a barrel and 4 goldfish survive there and my
wife likes the splashing water. Just put up a picture today.

Regards

Website, Hal, website? Or did you "put up picture" on your cork board by
the computer, or perhaps on the frig. w/magnet? LOL! eg ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us