GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Floating solar fountain? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/185665-floating-solar-fountain.html)

Phyllis and Jim 12-07-2009 08:30 PM

Floating solar fountain?

I went by Harbor freight the other day and they had a floating solar
fountain on sale. It takes sun and sprays water up severap inches. A
bit fake looking, but sort of nice.

Has anyone tried one before?

Jim

matthelliwell 13-07-2009 01:11 PM

Floating solar fountain?

On 12 July, 20:30, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
I went by Harbor freight the other day and they had a floating solar
fountain on sale. It takes sun and sprays water up severap inches.

bit fake looking, but sort of nice.

Has anyone tried one before?

I've got one, I'm in southern (old) England. The solar panel is about
5 inches across. It works well enough as an amusing toy but don't
expect too much from it. It only works in direct sunlight as well, it
stops completely in the shade regardless of how bright the day is.

Matt

Jim Hurley 13-07-2009 10:27 PM

Floating solar fountain?

Matt,

That sounds like mine. Direct sun gets a fountain. A cute toy rather
than a more serious item. I actually have a more powerful fountain in
a piece of 1" pvc that I ran from my pump line to the pond. I have a
valve on it, so I can regulate it. The head of it is 1" pipe with
1/8" holes in it. It can reach 6' in the air, but I don't do that
with it.

Jim