Old 16-07-2009, 03:31 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Photobucket

I finally went out and took some pictures with the older version digital a
friend gave me when they upgraded. I'm off to figure out photobucket, but
may come here for help. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 16-07-2009, 01:58 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Photobucket - Watercress Island

How to make a Watercress floating island for under $5.
http://photobucket.com/jjspond ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 16-07-2009, 02:09 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Your model will work really well for the parrots feather on the
surface of my upflow barrels on the berm. I used to rest my top
plants on the bags of filter strapping tape, but I am taking them out
as the roots of the veggie filter plants provide more than enough
surface for bacteria. I had also hung trays for the plants. I like
the floatation much better.

Thanks

Jim

Old 16-07-2009, 06:24 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:09:19 EDT, Jim Hurley
wrote:

Your model will work really well for the parrots feather on the
surface of my upflow barrels on the berm. I used to rest my top
plants on the bags of filter strapping tape, but I am taking them out
as the roots of the veggie filter plants provide more than enough
surface for bacteria. I had also hung trays for the plants. I like
the floatation much better.

I also have a basket in the top of my prefilter. These floating baskets
also work well for putting one's stock tank heater in during the winter to
keep the fish away from the element. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 19-07-2009, 02:51 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default http://photobucket.com/jjspond - Watercress Island

I was really hoping for a bit more excitement about my Island:
http://photobucket.com/jjspond

Before I put up more pictures. Did everyone go on vacation?:
~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 19-07-2009, 07:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

I'm here. I'm a baaaaad ponder.
So that means I'm a bad rec.ponder.mod

I didn't get any watercress this year but that
is probably because of all the hornwort in the
pond and the fact the waterfall is turned off
which reminds me you reminded me that
I should put an airstone in and I forgot so
I'm full circle to being a bad ponder and
I will get that airstone in today!!!!!!!!!

btw the island is kewl.

k :-))

Old 20-07-2009, 01:37 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On 19 July, 13:51, ~ jan wrote:
I was really hoping for a bit more excitement about my Island:http://photobucket.com/jjspond

Before I put up more pictures. Did everyone go on vacation?

Not just yet! I do like the idea of using the insulation to get the
basket to float and might copy the idea if I ever my my filter working
again.

Matt

Old 21-07-2009, 08:17 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 08:17:58 EDT, "JDS" wrote:

Its very cool. Post more - I love to look at others water efforts.

Done, added more. Including my container ponds by the front door.

Old 29-07-2009, 01:38 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:03:24 EDT, "JDS" wrote:

cool! the pots are very much like mine!

Thanks, I kind of thought so. When my DH got them for my B-day 5 years ago,
he was a little surprised when I said, oh boy, no holes, and turned them
into mini water gardens... and then he said, why was I surprised? ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread: