Old 04-04-2010, 04:45 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default What You Feeding? Where You Buying?

--~jan -

are you still feeding Sho Koi? Buying from Western Outdoor? Got any
reasonable leads on Matala Pads for me? I'm going to clean out my
filter/falls once the Iris bloom and it's time to chuck a bag or two of Lava
Rock.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Ultra Balance Koi Food. www.koifood.com.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:05 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 22:45:11 EDT, "JB" wrote:

--~jan -

are you still feeding Sho Koi? Buying from Western Outdoor? Got any
reasonable leads on Matala Pads for me? I'm going to clean out my
filter/falls once the Iris bloom and it's time to chuck a bag or two of Lava
Rock.

Hi JB,

Yes, still feeding Sho Koi from Western Ponds. Got my supply last week.
When I placed my order free shipping was on orders over $79.99. So I
purchased my usual Sho Koi & Sho Gold, plus some of the bulk food oddities
for variety, fruit & veggie blend and cold weather, to get it up to that
price.

Matala; I purchased from Joe's Ponds www.joesponds.com he has some of it on
sale with free shipping. Better deal than last fall so I went ahead and
ordered for my 2nd bio-filter, even though I won't switch it out till
July-August at the earliest. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 27-04-2010, 10:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Thanks ~jan, et al.

I switched ISPs last month and my new one doesn't support newsgroups.
My bad. Stumbled across this on Google Groups. Bought a new computer
with Windows 7. No Outlook Express to read newsgroups. Anyone suggest
a news reader? Usenet provider?

Old 28-04-2010, 02:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

JB wrote:

Thanks ~jan, et al.

I switched ISPs last month and my new one doesn't support newsgroups.
My bad. Stumbled across this on Google Groups. Bought a new computer
with Windows 7. No Outlook Express to read newsgroups. Anyone suggest
a news reader? Usenet provider?

I use teranews. Every once in a while it gets flaky - have to go to their
web site and re-up. But, it's free.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

Old 28-04-2010, 02:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:17:55 EDT, JB wrote:

Thanks ~jan, et al.

I switched ISPs last month and my new one doesn't support newsgroups.
My bad. Stumbled across this on Google Groups. Bought a new computer
with Windows 7. No Outlook Express to read newsgroups. Anyone suggest
a news reader? Usenet provider?

I'm happy with both of mine-

There is still a free version of Forte Inc's agent on some download
sites. The newest version, fully functional is still $29.
www.forteinc.com
It does offline news & email.

individual.net is an excellent newsfeed [no binaries] for 10Euros
[about $15] a year.
http://individual.net/

Jim

Old 28-04-2010, 02:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

JB wrote:
Thanks ~jan, et al.

I switched ISPs last month and my new one doesn't support newsgroups.
My bad. Stumbled across this on Google Groups. Bought a new computer
with Windows 7. No Outlook Express to read newsgroups. Anyone suggest
a news reader? Usenet provider?

I have been very happy with "nntp.aioe.org" as a Usenet provider. Easy
to install, completely free, been up, except for a month last year, for
the 5 years I've been on, access to thousands of newsgroups.
Thunderbird works great as a newsreader.

Chip

Rate This Thread: