Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old 04-04-2010, 03:45 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 130
Default What You Feeding? Where You Buying?


--~jan -

are you still feeding Sho Koi? Buying from Western Outdoor? Got any
reasonable leads on Matala Pads for me? I'm going to clean out my
filter/falls once the Iris bloom and it's time to chuck a bag or two of Lava
Rock.



  #2   Report Post  
Old 05-04-2010, 02:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Mar 2010
Posts: 11
Default What You Feeding? Where You Buying?

In article ,
"JB" wrote:

--~jan -

are you still feeding Sho Koi? Buying from Western Outdoor? Got any
reasonable leads on Matala Pads for me? I'm going to clean out my
filter/falls once the Iris bloom and it's time to chuck a bag or two of Lava
Rock.


Ultra Balance Koi Food. www.koifood.com.

--
To reply by email, remove the word "space"

  #3   Report Post  
Old 09-04-2010, 02:05 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,503
Default What You Feeding? Where You Buying?

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 22:45:11 EDT, "JB" wrote:


--~jan -

are you still feeding Sho Koi? Buying from Western Outdoor? Got any
reasonable leads on Matala Pads for me? I'm going to clean out my
filter/falls once the Iris bloom and it's time to chuck a bag or two of Lava
Rock.

Hi JB,

Yes, still feeding Sho Koi from Western Ponds. Got my supply last week.
When I placed my order free shipping was on orders over $79.99. So I
purchased my usual Sho Koi & Sho Gold, plus some of the bulk food oddities
for variety, fruit & veggie blend and cold weather, to get it up to that
price.

Matala; I purchased from Joe's Ponds www.joesponds.com he has some of it on
sale with free shipping. Better deal than last fall so I went ahead and
ordered for my 2nd bio-filter, even though I won't switch it out till
July-August at the earliest. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

  #4   Report Post  
Old 27-04-2010, 09:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Apr 2010
Posts: 1
Default What You Feeding? Where You Buying?

Thanks ~jan, et al.

I switched ISPs last month and my new one doesn't support newsgroups.
My bad. Stumbled across this on Google Groups. Bought a new computer
with Windows 7. No Outlook Express to read newsgroups. Anyone suggest
a news reader? Usenet provider?

On Apr 9, 8:05 am, ~ jan wrote:
On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 22:45:11 EDT, "JB" wrote:

--~jan -


are you still feeding Sho Koi? Buying from Western Outdoor? Got any
reasonable leads on Matala Pads for me? I'm going to clean out my
filter/falls once the Iris bloom and it's time to chuck a bag or two of

Lava
Rock.


Hi JB,

Yes, still feeding Sho Koi from Western Ponds. Got my supply last week.
When I placed my order free shipping was on orders over $79.99. So I
purchased my usual Sho Koi & Sho Gold, plus some of the bulk food odditie

s
for variety, fruit & veggie blend and cold weather, to get it up to that
price.

Matala; I purchased from Joe's Pondswww.joesponds.comhe has some of it on
sale with free shipping. Better deal than last fall so I went ahead and
ordered for my 2nd bio-filter, even though I won't switch it out till
July-August at the earliest. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:www.jjspond.us


  #5   Report Post  
Old 28-04-2010, 01:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jan 2008
Posts: 56
Default What You Feeding? Where You Buying?




JB wrote:

Thanks ~jan, et al.

I switched ISPs last month and my new one doesn't support newsgroups.
My bad. Stumbled across this on Google Groups. Bought a new computer
with Windows 7. No Outlook Express to read newsgroups. Anyone suggest
a news reader? Usenet provider?


I use teranews. Every once in a while it gets flaky - have to go to their
web site and re-up. But, it's free.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.



  #6   Report Post  
Old 28-04-2010, 01:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 184
Default What You Feeding? Where You Buying?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:17:55 EDT, JB wrote:

Thanks ~jan, et al.

I switched ISPs last month and my new one doesn't support newsgroups.
My bad. Stumbled across this on Google Groups. Bought a new computer
with Windows 7. No Outlook Express to read newsgroups. Anyone suggest
a news reader? Usenet provider?


I'm happy with both of mine-

There is still a free version of Forte Inc's agent on some download
sites. The newest version, fully functional is still $29.
www.forteinc.com
It does offline news & email.

individual.net is an excellent newsfeed [no binaries] for 10Euros
[about $15] a year.
http://individual.net/

Jim

  #7   Report Post  
Old 28-04-2010, 01:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Oct 2008
Posts: 37
Default What You Feeding? Where You Buying?

JB wrote:
Thanks ~jan, et al.

I switched ISPs last month and my new one doesn't support newsgroups.
My bad. Stumbled across this on Google Groups. Bought a new computer
with Windows 7. No Outlook Express to read newsgroups. Anyone suggest
a news reader? Usenet provider?



I have been very happy with "nntp.aioe.org" as a Usenet provider. Easy
to install, completely free, been up, except for a month last year, for
the 5 years I've been on, access to thousands of newsgroups.
Thunderbird works great as a newsreader.

Chip



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Koi Food - what are you feeding your koi? W Dale[_2_] Ponds (moderated) 9 04-06-2008 12:19 AM
What are You Feeding? Where are you Buying? JB[_1_] Ponds (moderated) 20 25-03-2008 10:10 PM
What Are You Feeding & Where are You Buying Your Koi Food This Season? JB Ponds 74 22-04-2006 06:58 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 GardenBanter.co.uk.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Gardening"

 

Copyright © 2017