GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Replacement Pump Recommendations (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/191694-replacement-pump-recommendations.html)

JB[_6_] 25-05-2010 02:49 AM

Replacement Pump Recommendations

I found out today that Oase has "pulled out of the United States Market"
as far as selling pond pumps. I've been an Oase user for years. In fact,
I still have the first Oase pump I bought back in 1998 and it still
works. I like the mag drive pumps as they use less electricity than
other types.

Can anyone recommend a sturdy, economical submersible pump in the 3,000
gph range for my consideration?

TIA

JB

Joe[_12_] 26-05-2010 01:03 AM

JB wrote:

I found out today that Oase has "pulled out of the United States Market"
as far as selling pond pumps. I've been an Oase user for years. In fact,
I still have the first Oase pump I bought back in 1998 and it still
works. I like the mag drive pumps as they use less electricity than
other types.

Can anyone recommend a sturdy, economical submersible pump in the 3,000
gph range for my consideration?

TIA

JB

I have been very happy with my Tsurumi for 6 years now.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

JB[_6_] 26-05-2010 01:46 PM

On 5/25/2010 7:03 PM, Joe wrote:

JB wrote:

I found out today that Oase has "pulled out of the United States Market"
as far as selling pond pumps. I've been an Oase user for years. In fact,
I still have the first Oase pump I bought back in 1998 and it still
works. I like the mag drive pumps as they use less electricity than
other types.

Can anyone recommend a sturdy, economical submersible pump in the 3,000
gph range for my consideration?

TIA

JB

I have been very happy with my Tsurumi for 6 years now.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

Thanks Joe. Do you happen to know the gph rating and watts used for the
pump?

Phyllis and Jim 27-05-2010 11:34 AM

Replacement Pump Recommendations

Try Gppgling Oase Pumps. They do appear to be sold in the US.

They have a Nautilus 2600 that is in the general range you are looking
for.

Jim

Phyllis and Jim 27-05-2010 11:35 AM

Replacement Pump Recommendations

You can get the pondmaster at http://www.pondliner.com/category/pondmaster_pumps

We now have a Pondmaster 2400 for our pond. It can be in or out of
the pond.

Jim

JB[_6_] 28-05-2010 02:13 PM

On 5/27/2010 5:34 AM, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Try Gppgling Oase Pumps. They do appear to be sold in the US.

They have a Nautilus 2600 that is in the general range you are looking
for.

Jim

OASE pumps are still available but they're not re-stocking their pond
pumps in the US anymore. I was e-mailed this from an OASE
representative. The ones that I have located in stock, at dealers around
the country, are priced much higher than what I had been paying and
wouldn't off set the savings in electrical usage.

For example: The OASE Aquamax 2600 that I currently have cost me less
than $300. I located that same pump at a dealer in Texas and they wanted
$647 before s&h. That's why I'm looking elsewhere.

Thanks for the info though.

~ jan[_3_] 30-05-2010 11:52 AM

Replacement Pump Recommendations

How about Danner? Or is that the same as Pondmaster? Yep, as she answers
her own question after googling. All my smaller ponds are those. Not sure
what a 3000 gph would run or efficiency, check this website:
http://www.thefind.com/garden/info-pondmaster-pump ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us