Old 12-06-2010, 10:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Pond enzymes abd dry bacteria

I have a pond that is a few years old, approximately 3200 gal. last
year when i thought I lost all my fish, I drained the pond and vac'd
out all the fun goop that accumualted at the bottom and added fresh
water and eventually fish.
What I noticed was the water quickly turned brown and thats the way it
has stayed ever since.
I've read that veggie filters work well with water clarification as
well as adding Pond Enzymes. I don't have a pond a veggie filter so I
decided to try the Dry Bacteria and Pond Enzymes (DBPE). It says id
natually reduces sludge and other goopy stuff in the pond. Well I've
been using it for 2 weeks with no noticible changes in the water
quality.

My questions:
Does DBPE work?
What am I doing wrong with my pond and or what should I be doing?

Thanks

Old 16-06-2010, 01:25 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 16:26:01 EDT, Peter Pan wrote:

I have a pond that is a few years old, approximately 3200 gal. last
year when i thought I lost all my fish, I drained the pond and vac'd
out all the fun goop that accumualted at the bottom and added fresh
water and eventually fish.
What I noticed was the water quickly turned brown and thats the way it
has stayed ever since.
I've read that veggie filters work well with water clarification as
well as adding Pond Enzymes. I don't have a pond a veggie filter so I
decided to try the Dry Bacteria and Pond Enzymes (DBPE). It says id
natually reduces sludge and other goopy stuff in the pond. Well I've
been using it for 2 weeks with no noticible changes in the water
quality.

My questions:
Does DBPE work?
What am I doing wrong with my pond and or what should I be doing?

If your water is tinted brown like tea, that is usually tanins. They are
best removed with frequent partial water changes or a slow flow thru
system.

I am not familiar with DBPE, I use BZT (United Technologies Aquaculture).
~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 27-06-2010, 03:02 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

best removed with frequent partial water changes or a slow flow thru
system.

Can you give me more info of a "slow flow thru
system". ? Thanks

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Plant Enzymes hobo Plant Biology 0 08-10-2005 07:14 AM
nano enzymes Alpesh B.Tech chem. student Plant Science 0 29-09-2004 11:03 AM
dry dry dry Rosie United Kingdom 0 02-04-2004 05:21 AM
Rises abd Deer!! Jan Roses 12 13-09-2003 10:32 PM