GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Lilies, anyone? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/192473-lilies-anyone.html)

Phyllis and Jim 03-07-2010 01:29 PM

Lilies, anyone?

About a decade ago Tom LeBron sent us some extra lilies he had. They
have thrived and are overtaking out pond. Large pads. Big white
flowers. They have left their container and spread their tubers/roots
across our cement pond. So I pulled some. I have perhaps 6 to 10
cuttings that I would be glad to send to anyone for the cost of
postage. Let me know if you want 1 or more. My best guess is that
you wouldn't want more than 3.

While I think about it, I also have hyacinth, water celery and parrots
feather in excess. They become compost regularly. They could almost
as easily be sent by post. If anyone would like some, let me know.

Jim

~ jan[_3_] 04-07-2010 12:27 PM

Lilies, anyone?

On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 08:29:56 EDT, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

About a decade ago Tom LeBron sent us some extra lilies he had. They
have thrived and are overtaking out pond. Large pads. Big white
flowers. They have left their container and spread their tubers/roots
across our cement pond. So I pulled some. I have perhaps 6 to 10
cuttings that I would be glad to send to anyone for the cost of
postage. Let me know if you want 1 or more. My best guess is that
you wouldn't want more than 3.

While I think about it, I also have hyacinth, water celery and parrots
feather in excess. They become compost regularly. They could almost
as easily be sent by post. If anyone would like some, let me know.

Jim

Thanks Jim, I don't need any, but thanks for keeping the masses supplied.
Some of those plants are not easy to come by in all places. ~ jan ;-)
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us