Old 16-07-2010, 11:00 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Miracle fry

The other day I was moving plants around and once done I noticed I had a
couple damselfly larvae in the bottom of my plant tray. Rather than dump
them on the lawn I dumped them in a small birdbath. 1-2 weeks go by and the
birdbath was looking kind of scuzzy after a windstorm so I was going to
spray it out. I looked at it closely to see if the larvae had left. To my
surprise no larvae, but 2 little wakin fry.

The water is only an inch deep at the center and maybe 1/2 gallon, filled
by the sprinklers every other day. I scooped them out and was going to put
them in my porch pots with iris... when I discovered fry in there also.
Thus they came inside to the kitchen counter fishbowl. Unfortunately the
filter on there is new, and it quickly ate one. Switched out the filter and
have a safe sponge one on there now.

I've been watching the pond to find it a mate, so it isn't a lonely only. I
had quite a few in the pre-filter, but can't seem to find any now. If
they're in the pond, I don't try to catch them, as I feel their chances are
best there than anywhere.

Where is the craziest place you've found unexpected fry? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Miracle Roses Dustin Albright Roses 2 20-09-2003 02:18 AM
Miracle-Gro Creno Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:20 AM
miracle gro enriched potting mix Zphysics1 Edible Gardening 10 16-04-2003 05:56 PM
Anyone ever use Miracle-grow spikes? Jerry Lawns 0 30-03-2003 05:20 PM
Miracle Grow Plant Spikes Rich Conley Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 27-03-2003 12:44 AM