GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Green Water (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/197293-green-water.html)

Pat 14-04-2011 02:20 AM

Green Water

"Patrick" wrote in message
m...
Thanks Jan,
No not much falling in as it is surrounded by the house. There are only 3
fish (Larry, Curley and Roy) all in the 2-3 pound range.

I've done water tests. None have ever caused any concern. PH is in line,
I've never had an ammonia reading and nitrites seem to be in line. I seem
to be routinely low on salt so I add that periodically to the bottom end
of the skimmer where the pump is located.

Ok, no more algecide. I can get plants (hyacinth) and corral them easily.
Will do so tomorrow. More the better I presume..

Thank you all!!

More to come.
--
Patrick Fischer
Olalla, WA

With Your pond surrounded by your house your plants may not get enough
sunlight. I wonder if you can create a veggie filter in a sunny location
and plumb it to your pond.