GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   OT - Tornado went 2 miles from our house (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/197295-ot-tornado-went-2-miles-our-house.html)

Phyllis and Jim 20-04-2011 02:03 AM

OT - Tornado went 2 miles from our house

The recent tornados in MS went through Clinton. The national news
showed one 'to the West of Jackson'. It was a couple of miles from
our house. We spent some time in the bath tub with cushions over our
heads...but the wind never went above 40 mph here.

We wondered what a tornado would do to our pond. We have heard of
ponds being emptied. Happily, we did not get to see. Has anyone had
a tornado visit a pond they knew of?

~ jan[_3_] 20-04-2011 02:09 PM

OT - Tornado went 2 miles from our house

OMGosh, glad to hear it didn't come close, some really scary pictures
coming out of those areas that were hit. ~ jan

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 21:03:43 EDT, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

The recent tornados in MS went through Clinton. The national news
showed one 'to the West of Jackson'. It was a couple of miles from
our house. We spent some time in the bath tub with cushions over our
heads...but the wind never went above 40 mph here.

We wondered what a tornado would do to our pond. We have heard of
ponds being emptied. Happily, we did not get to see. Has anyone had
a tornado visit a pond they knew of?

------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Phyllis and Jim 25-04-2011 10:19 PM

Tornados picking up fish

On Apr 23, 1:17 pm, wrote:
A tornado close enough to drain your pond will be the least of your worri

es. It will
take your house too. I lived in a tornado alley growing up. Ingrid

I take your point!

Here is a site that disacusses tornados and fish...and frogs.

http://www.questacon.edu.au/indepth/tornadoes/