GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Nymphoides peltata - Fringed waterlillies (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/197989-nymphoides-peltata-fringed-waterlillies.html)

Grub 05-06-2011 09:44 AM

Nymphoides peltata - Fringed waterlillies

I put a few of these in my mum's small pond and they were doing ok although now the edges of the leaves have going brown and look like they are disintegrating or have been nibbled (??) by something. They haven't flowered since I put them in a year ago.

~ jan[_3_] 14-06-2011 12:09 PM

Nymphoides peltata - Fringed waterlillies

On Sun, 5 Jun 2011 06:31:44 EDT, Grub
wrote:

I put a few of these in my mum's small pond and they were doing ok
although now the edges of the leaves have going brown and look like they
are disintegrating or have been nibbled (??) by something. They haven't
flowered since I put them in a year ago.

Older pads need to be picked off, they only last 10-14 days (is my guess as
I've never kept count). If they were planted too deep in the soil it will
take them awhile to grow out and be able to flower. If it has been a year
since transplant I suspect they will bloom this year.... assuming they
having reached the end of the potting container and/or they've been fed
with some sort of plant stick. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Grub 14-06-2011 07:50 PM

Thanks.

They aren't actually in pots, they are just floating around, thats how they were supplied. When I got them they just looked like a small bunch of curled twigs.