Old 05-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Grub's Avatar
Registered User

Question Nymphoides peltata - Fringed waterlillies

I put a few of these in my mum's small pond and they were doing ok although now the edges of the leaves have going brown and look like they are disintegrating or have been nibbled (??) by something. They haven't flowered since I put them in a year ago.
Old 14-06-2011, 01:09 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Nymphoides peltata - Fringed waterlillies

On Sun, 5 Jun 2011 06:31:44 EDT, Grub
wrote:

I put a few of these in my mum's small pond and they were doing ok
although now the edges of the leaves have going brown and look like they
are disintegrating or have been nibbled (??) by something. They haven't
flowered since I put them in a year ago.

Older pads need to be picked off, they only last 10-14 days (is my guess as
I've never kept count). If they were planted too deep in the soil it will
take them awhile to grow out and be able to flower. If it has been a year
since transplant I suspect they will bloom this year.... assuming they
having reached the end of the potting container and/or they've been fed
with some sort of plant stick. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 14-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Grub's Avatar
Registered User

Thanks.

They aren't actually in pots, they are just floating around, thats how they were supplied. When I got them they just looked like a small bunch of curled twigs.

Rate This Thread: