Old 09-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Registered User

Default fish experts

I have three shubunkins and I am worried. The two continuously chase the other. They seem to target the others' gills. Is this normal and if not is there anything that can be done. HELP
Old 10-07-2011, 01:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 11:16:15 EDT, Robby1
wrote:
I have three shubunkins and I am worried. The two continuously chase the
other. They seem to target the others' gills. Is this normal and if not
is there anything that can be done. HELP

Normal, sounds like you have 1 girl and 2 boys, and the boys are trying to
get the girl to spawn/lay eggs and fertilize them. You might want to get a
couple more girls to give that 1 a rest... course in a few weeks your 3
will have made more if you have enough cover for the fry to grow up.

I find myself looking and watching for baby fish more than I do looking at
my adults. I've got these big beautiful fish that swim so gracefully and
here I am looking for these tiny gray babies, what's with that?! :-/ ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Tayberry experts mogga United Kingdom 22 04-04-2009 11:26 PM
Questions for chilli experts Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 04-06-2003 11:44 AM
Question for experts - algae and freshwater shrimp KEITH JENNINGS Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 07:12 AM
Bug Experts needed D&M Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-03-2003 09:44 AM
German foresty experts Michael Yared alt.forestry 0 08-12-2002 06:26 AM