Old 06-08-2011, 01:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Too many FIsh

Hello everyone.
I have fish in my pond (comet gold fish) that I want to get rid of.
They have been spawning and I need to get rid of about 10 or so. I
have several friends that want to add more fish into thier ponds . I
tried the old fashion net on a pole and after about 1 hr. I had 3 of
the little buggers out. I was hoping someone could recommend a much
faster and easier way to catch the fish. My neighbor's son offered to
come over with his rod and real but I dont think this is such a great
idea (lol) Any advice would be greatly appreaciated.
Thank you

Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pat Pat is offline

"Peter Pan" wrote in message
Hello everyone.
I have fish in my pond (comet gold fish) that I want to get rid of.
They have been spawning and I need to get rid of about 10 or so. I
have several friends that want to add more fish into thier ponds . I
tried the old fashion net on a pole and after about 1 hr. I had 3 of
the little buggers out. I was hoping someone could recommend a much
faster and easier way to catch the fish. My neighbor's son offered to
come over with his rod and real but I dont think this is such a great
idea (lol) Any advice would be greatly appreaciated.
Thank you

Fish trap? I usually remove most of the water to catch my fish.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Did you drain the pond down? Less water usually easier to catch. ~ jan

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 19:01:12 EDT, Peter Pan wrote:

Hello everyone.
I have fish in my pond (comet gold fish) that I want to get rid of.
They have been spawning and I need to get rid of about 10 or so. I
have several friends that want to add more fish into thier ponds . I
tried the old fashion net on a pole and after about 1 hr. I had 3 of
the little buggers out. I was hoping someone could recommend a much
faster and easier way to catch the fish. My neighbor's son offered to
come over with his rod and real but I dont think this is such a great
idea (lol) Any advice would be greatly appreaciated.
Thank you

------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 06-08-2011, 01:28 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 19:01:12 EDT, Peter Pan wrote:

Hello everyone.
I have fish in my pond (comet gold fish) that I want to get rid of.
They have been spawning and I need to get rid of about 10 or so. I
have several friends that want to add more fish into thier ponds . I
tried the old fashion net on a pole and after about 1 hr. I had 3 of
the little buggers out. I was hoping someone could recommend a much
faster and easier way to catch the fish. My neighbor's son offered to
come over with his rod and real but I dont think this is such a great
idea (lol) Any advice would be greatly appreaciated.
Thank you

You need to tain your fish correctly.
When I put a net into my pond they all come racing over to see if
there is any food in it. :-)

Old 08-08-2011, 11:22 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 19:01:12 EDT, Peter Pan wrote:

Hello everyone.
I have fish in my pond (comet gold fish) that I want to get rid of.
They have been spawning and I need to get rid of about 10 or so. I
have several friends that want to add more fish into thier ponds . I
tried the old fashion net on a pole and after about 1 hr. I had 3 of
the little buggers out. I was hoping someone could recommend a much
faster and easier way to catch the fish. My neighbor's son offered to
come over with his rod and real but I dont think this is such a great
idea (lol) Any advice would be greatly appreaciated.
Thank you

I do have to say... even catching 3 in an hour is pretty good. Why I don't
have comet goldfish, they're too dang fast. Breeding wakins usually throws
out a single tail now and again. This year I have one, so while I was
feeding the lilies, I was in the pond, water drained down... and still
could not catch him as I didn't want to damage my plants. I'll probably
wait till spring when the water temps are cooler and there aren't any lily
pads up yet. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 15-08-2011, 01:37 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

I went to the local Fishing shop and bought a cast net.. I can lay
the net in the pond and after awhile add food then scope them all up
at 1 time.. release the ones I want to keep back to the pond and
bucket the others.. Thanks for all the good ideas..

Old 16-08-2011, 03:19 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 07:37:05 EDT, Peter Pan wrote:

I went to the local Fishing shop and bought a cast net.. I can lay
the net in the pond and after awhile add food then scope them all up
at 1 time.. release the ones I want to keep back to the pond and
bucket the others.. Thanks for all the good ideas..

Sounds like that's the best idea yet! Good luck re-homing. Seems my tidbits
list always finds takers for all fish, as the giver rarely ask me to run
the ad a 2nd time. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 23-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan[_5_] View Post
Hello everyone.
I have fish in my pond (comet gold fish) that I want to get rid of.
They have been spawning and I need to get rid of about 10 or so. I
have several friends that want to add more fish into thier ponds . I
tried the old fashion net on a pole and after about 1 hr. I had 3 of
the little buggers out. I was hoping someone could recommend a much
faster and easier way to catch the fish. My neighbor's son offered to
come over with his rod and real but I dont think this is such a great
idea (lol) Any advice would be greatly appreaciated.
Thank you
Fishing depend upon good food if you use some good seafood or bait it must easier to catch a fish.

Rate This Thread: