Old 03-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Registered User

Default Bulbs

Hi folks - as you can tell from the username I just love bulbs! I think it's great that all you have to do is put them in soil add some water and wait.

Can any of you recommend any good ones I could try?

Thanks in advance.

MTK
Old 03-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbital View Post
Hi folks - as you can tell from the username I just love bulbs! I think it's great that all you have to do is put them in soil add some water and wait.

Can any of you recommend any good ones I could try?

Thanks in advance.

MTK
Lights are my personal favourite ROFL.

Just joking, its soon the time of year for the ol' daffodils. Can't beat 'em.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Lights are my personal favourite ROFL.

Just joking, its soon the time of year for the ol' daffodils. Can't beat 'em.

Im not keen on Daffs, having flowers the same colour as lemon curd I find them a bit off putting. I like Hyacynths. Thy smell nice. You should try some.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbital View Post
Hi folks - as you can tell from the username I just love bulbs! I think it's great that all you have to do is put them in soil add some water and wait.

Can any of you recommend any good ones I could try?

Thanks in advance.

MTK
Hi bulbs.

Yay yay yay i love bulbs too! I mean, they are wonderful things and i can't wait to get planting this spring.

My favourite bulbs are Amaryllis bulbs. They are easy to grow but may reqire staking to keep them upright.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:55 PM
UnclePlant's Avatar
Registered User

Hi I'm Mark and I'm new here. I've been looking for some activities to try out with my lad, we've done things together before, many things really, but we're bored of the usual stuff. Can any of you recommend anything that we can try outside to spice it up?

Let us know how the bulb thing goes guys.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnclePlant View Post
Hi I'm Mark and I'm new here. I've been looking for some activities to try out with my lad, we've done things together before, many things really, but we're bored of the usual stuff. Can any of you recommend anything that we can try outside to spice it up?

Let us know how the bulb thing goes guys.
Hi Mark.

I had the same problem/dilemma a few years back when my lad was 5. Always figitty and unsettled he was......until i took him daffodil picking.

Give him a challenge.....how many he can pick in 10 mins, who can pick the yellowest one, who can pick the biggest one. Then give him a small reward for finishing the tasks.

Your lad will love it i'm sure, and when you get home, your house will be a much more happy and colourful place
Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonedmonkey View Post
Hi Mark.

I had the same problem/dilemma a few years back when my lad was 5. Always figitty and unsettled he was......until i took him daffodil picking.

Give him a challenge.....how many he can pick in 10 mins, who can pick the yellowest one, who can pick the biggest one. Then give him a small reward for finishing the tasks.

Your lad will love it i'm sure, and when you get home, your house will be a much more happy and colourful place

Hey guys, although I find it quite touching you wish to engage in activities with your children, may I take this opportunity to point out that it may well be illegal to pick wild daffodills. Not only this but you may well be spoiling the enjoyment of others by doing so.

May I suggest you visit the local cemetary where there will be any number of pre picked daffs at your disposal. I ve found it far better to pilfer these than disturbing the wild ones.

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

bulbs lois Lawns 3 05-05-2003 11:58 PM
Spring Bulbs Greg Gardening 2 04-02-2003 03:48 AM
an ad I saw for multiple packs Flower Bulbs, Strawberrys, hanging baskets j Ponds (alternative) 1 30-01-2003 06:21 AM
SPAM ALERT an ad I saw for multiple packs Flower Bulbs, Strawberrys, hanging baskets animaux Gardening 0 30-01-2003 03:52 AM
an ad I saw for multiple packs Flower Bulbs, Strawberrys, hanging baskets j Gardening 0 29-01-2003 10:55 PM