GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Moderator announce: Closing rec.ponds.moderated - Your recommendations? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/202497-re-moderator-announce-closing-rec-ponds-moderated-your-recommendations.html)

Phyllis and Jim 04-03-2012 03:18 AM

Moderator announce: Closing rec.ponds.moderated - Your recommendations?

Hi Ron! How nice to hear from you. I remember well all the work you put in to start rpm. I remember too how much our resident rp troll attaced you for your work. Interestingly, just being moderatred retty much ended the trolling.

I don't think the moderators are weary, in fact, I suspect we would all ove to have rpm thrive and would be willing to moderate. The burden is minimal just now!

The cost for the server is $100 per year. We did a chipin project and raised enough at the start to cover several years. The payment is now due. We could certainly set up another chipin process.

I think facebook and google are the most common group free formats. I am not sure of others. It would not be hard to set up on either of them...or others, I suspect.

I concur on the value of spreading the word about rpm and of referring the occasional poster of rp to rpm.

I will be interested to see what folk think.