Old 21-03-2012, 12:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Pumps

Hello everyone..
I need to replace a pump for my mothers pond.. I can't remember what
the ratio is for turning over the water per hr. I.e. if she has a 200
gal pump do I need a 200 gph pump or something larger or smaller..
Thank you

I'm pretty excited.. I'm opening my pond in the next few days getting
ready for spring.. Im anxious to see how much they grew over the
winter..

Old 21-03-2012, 11:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On 3/21/2012 6:57 AM, Peter Pan wrote:
Hello everyone..
I need to replace a pump for my mothers pond.. I can't remember what
the ratio is for turning over the water per hr. I.e. if she has a 200
gal pump do I need a 200 gph pump or something larger or smaller..
Thank you

I'm pretty excited.. I'm opening my pond in the next few days getting
ready for spring.. Im anxious to see how much they grew over the
winter..

If I recall correctly, the rule of thumb is once per hour. If so, you'll
need a 200 gph, minimum.

What kind of filter are you using?

Old 25-03-2012, 06:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 18:48:10 EDT, JB wrote:

On 3/21/2012 6:57 AM, Peter Pan wrote:
Hello everyone..
I need to replace a pump for my mothers pond.. I can't remember what
the ratio is for turning over the water per hr. I.e. if she has a 200
gal pump do I need a 200 gph pump or something larger or smaller..
Thank you

I'm pretty excited.. I'm opening my pond in the next few days getting
ready for spring.. Im anxious to see how much they grew over the
winter..

If I recall correctly, the rule of thumb is once per hour. If so, you'll
need a 200 gph, minimum.

What kind of filter are you using?

Often a smaller pond, assuming he meant to say (200 gallon pond) one would
turn over 4x's/hour similar to an aquarium. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 26-03-2012, 06:17 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mar 25, 12:26 pm, ~ jan wrote:
[...]

I'm not sure what size the pond it, from memory I would say it's under
350 gal..i need to measure it I know.. But I was looking for the basic
rule of thumb for pump sizes

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

FS: New pumps Mike Ponds 0 26-03-2003 12:44 AM
Pumps Working. was ah spring? Tom La Bron Ponds 7 23-03-2003 05:44 PM
Hand Pumps Tim Wardell Ponds 6 25-02-2003 11:17 PM
Via Aqua pond pumps camper Ponds (alternative) 0 13-02-2003 01:55 AM
Filter, skimmer, bottom drain...how many pumps? BenignVanilla Ponds 11 03-02-2003 10:41 PM