Old 04-04-2012, 03:04 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Spawning begins

Our koi pond has foam on it. This is early for the year, but probably not
for the current temperatures. Our shbunkins are in a 4 x 8 berm pond. The
y are 1 and 2 years old, so we shall see if they spawn this year. The pond
has parrots feather all over it, so we hope the babies can hide from paren
ts and from the mosquito fish.

Anyone else having spawns?

Old 06-04-2012, 07:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On 4/3/2012 9:04 PM, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Our koi pond has foam on it. This is early for the year, but probably not
for the current temperatures. Our shbunkins are in a 4 x 8 berm pond. The
y are 1 and 2 years old, so we shall see if they spawn this year. The pond
has parrots feather all over it, so we hope the babies can hide from paren
ts and from the mosquito fish.

Anyone else having spawns?

Nothing yet for me here in central Arkansas but my water's so green I'm
not even sure I have any fish! ;-)

Old 07-04-2012, 06:20 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 22:04:26 EDT, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

Our koi pond has foam on it. This is early for the year, but probably not
for the current temperatures. Our shbunkins are in a 4 x 8 berm pond. The
y are 1 and 2 years old, so we shall see if they spawn this year. The pond
has parrots feather all over it, so we hope the babies can hide from paren
ts and from the mosquito fish.

Anyone else having spawns?

There might be action going on in the lily pond, a touch of foam was on it
yesterday, course that could be because I was moving plants in and out and
organics got stirred up. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 08-04-2012, 02:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

wrote:

Our koi pond has foam on it. This is early for the year, but probably not
for the current temperatures. Our shbunkins are in a 4 x 8 berm pond. The
y are 1 and 2 years old, so we shall see if they spawn this year. The pond
has parrots feather all over it, so we hope the babies can hide from paren
ts and from the mosquito fish.

Anyone else having spawns?

There might be action going on in the lily pond, a touch of foam was on it
yesterday, course that could be because I was moving plants in and out and
organics got stirred up. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

My pond was covered with foam when I got up this morning. Looked like
the bank's fountain the day after Halloween.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:16 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

wrote:

[...]

My pond had foam this morning, I'm N. Alabama

--

Nik Simpson

Old 10-04-2012, 12:28 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Hey Nik, Where are you in North Alabama?

Jim

Old 11-04-2012, 05:59 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On 4/10/2012 6:28 AM, Phyllis and Jim wrote:

Hey Nik, Where are you in North Alabama?

Jim

Huntsville/Madison

--

Nik Simpson

Old 12-04-2012, 07:20 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

We got some warm weather the past weekend and into the week. Felt like we
had jump right to summer. Anyway, I have FROG spawn! Last year the frogs
didn't even croak till the 1st of May! ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 25-04-2012, 02:21 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

And the wakins were spawning yesterday. Our temps have zoomed upward all of
a sudden and love is in the air I guess. Today I moved the one male wakin
out that has a pretty red & white pattern that any koi would envy, but has
a non-flaring wakin tail. He was put in with the koi as he was given to me,
and too pretty to part with.

I do have a lot of his kids though that will go to a koi club give-away due
to weak or comet tails. ~ jan

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:20:11 EDT, ~ jan wrote:

We got some warm weather the past weekend and into the week. Felt like we
had jump right to summer. Anyway, I have FROG spawn! Last year the frogs
didn't even croak till the 1st of May! ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us