Old 27-09-2012, 05:41 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Stray fish

My neighbor heard a noise coming from her kitchen. She went to see
what it was and there was a large goldfish flapping about on the
floor. She put the fish in a bucket of water. We guessed it had been
dragged into the house by the cat. We used Google Earth to look for
garden ponds in the area. We found one about half a mile away and so
took the fish to the owner of the pond. He said there were no fish in
his pond. Now there is one!

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Old 28-09-2012, 04:52 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Now that is a first!

Old 29-09-2012, 04:26 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:52:47 PM UTC-4, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Now that is a first!

Wow! That's definitely a first.

One time, I bought a pair of loaches for my indoor 10G tank. I began acclim
ating them by dumping some water out of the bag they came in, then pouring
some water from the tank into the bag. While doing this, one of the loaches
took a running leap right out of the bag, and before I could catch him, he
went right down the drain! I felt terrible, but what could I do?

About 3 hours later, my girlfriend came home from work, and I told her the
story. She said, "did you try taking the drain apart? You never know, he co
uld be alive in the elbow."

Of course, I thought that's gotta be impossible, but I felt bad so I gave i
t a shot. What the heck, it was kind of clogged anyway, and could use a goo
d cleaning.

So, I put a bucket with a little water under the drain, and took apart the
elbow. It was pretty clogged with hair and gunk, so I put it in the water a
nd started to shake it out, when lo and behold! The loach came shooting out
, swimming all over the place amidst all of the hair and filth!

This was around 3 years ago, I guess. Long story short, all of the fish in
my 10G tank have since passed on, but I have one fish left in there that's
just as happy as can be. You guessed it, that one overzealous loach!

I'm actually quite afraid to put any other fish in that tank, for fear of g
iving him a disease, so this little 3" loach has the whole 10G to himself.
After he put up that much of a fight, I think he deserves to die of old age
!

Old 27-01-2013, 04:53 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:26:52 EDT, Jason C wrote:

[...]

Great story Jason!

I had a pond call once where the pond owner said he found a dead fish in
his pond and it wasn't one of HIS! We deducted that a heron or some other
fish preying bird must have dropped it. I had him treat the pond just in
case dead fish brought anything else along. Never heard back so I assume
all was well.

Perhaps that is how the fish came into the kitchen thru the kitty door?
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Indoor boquet in a stray afternoon sunbeam Paddy's Pig[_7_] Garden Photos 1 10-06-2011 10:03 PM
Unexpected waif and stray Bob Hobden United Kingdom 3 05-09-2010 01:28 AM
stray cats--a problem xim xim Lawns 14 23-04-2006 06:57 PM
stray cats--a problem--OCTOTHORPE xim xim Lawns 3 18-04-2006 11:23 AM