Headless Waterlily

Old 18-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Grub's Avatar

Default Headless Waterlily

I planted a waterlily in a large container last year and its only this year it has flowered. I noticed a large bud making its way up to the surface over a couple of weeks and was quite excited. The bud broke the surface and I looked forward to it opening. I checked a few days ago and indeed the bud was opening but to my horror the bud had come away from the main stem and was just floating around! Why would they happen?
Old 22-06-2013, 07:08 AM

Location: North Carolina

Originally Posted by Grub View Post
I checked a few days ago and indeed the bud was opening but to my horror the bud had come away from the main stem and was just floating around! Why would they happen?
Might there be a pesky turtle about who has a sweet tooth for yummy stems?

Regards, andy
Flickr: adavisus' Photostream
adavisus's Library | Photobucket
Pond and water gardening aquatic plants |

Rate This Thread: