GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   koi (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/100493-koi.html)

[email protected] 26-07-2005 01:02 AM

koi

how many koi could we place in a 1200 gallon pond?

Reel Mckoi 26-07-2005 01:20 AM

wrote in message
how many koi could we place in a 1200 gallon pond?

=============================
About 10 should fit nicely. They can get large as you probably know. They
also start to reproduce when 2 or 3 years old.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

bbrown9506 26-07-2005 02:10 AM

I have about 5, and they are already getting Huge! I also have a few
turtles, minnows, tadpoles and now frogs

http://mysocalledpondlife.blogspot.com/

check out my pond

Phyllis and Jim Hurley 26-07-2005 03:05 AM

Rule of thumb: 1000 gal for the first fish. 100 gal per additional fish.

Jim