Old 27-07-2005, 08:40 AM
Paul

Default Strange Lilly Behaviour

I got given a water lilly form a friend and it was so large i divided it
into 4 pieces and placed 2 pieces in each of my small ponds on with fish
and filter one without and both on different sides of the garden. All
parts are now flowering but the one in the pond with fish produces pink
tinted flowers and the other one is producing yellow flowers. Is this
normal behaviour or have I got a strange lilly?

thanks

Paul
Old 27-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Cracklin' Rosie

"Paul" wrote in message
I got given a water lilly form a friend and it was so large i divided it
into 4 pieces and placed 2 pieces in each of my small ponds on with fish
and filter one without and both on different sides of the garden. All parts
are now flowering but the one in the pond with fish produces pink tinted
flowers and the other one is producing yellow flowers. Is this normal
behaviour or have I got a strange lilly?

=================================
I've never heard of this happening. I suspect fertilizer and other things
have some impact on color. Some of my WLs are a darker color in one pond
over another. They don't change from yellow to pink, or white to yellow
when divided and set in different ponds/pools. All are from the same group
of plants I bought at Wal*Mart and Lowe's.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 28-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Lar

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:40:45 +0100, Paul wrote:

I got given a water lilly form a friend and it was so large i divided it
into 4 pieces and placed 2 pieces in each of my small ponds on with fish
and filter one without and both on different sides of the garden. All
parts are now flowering but the one in the pond with fish produces pink
tinted flowers and the other one is producing yellow flowers. Is this
normal behaviour or have I got a strange lilly?

thanks

Paul
Could the plant be a Nymphaea 'Sioux' or something similar that will
have different coloration
http://www.batesnursery.com/informat...ily_sioux.html

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Dancing dog is back!
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/smartdog.wmv

Old 28-07-2005, 06:06 AM

It's quite normal for the 'changeable' types of water lily, which
through will go through lemon, yellow, orange, red and crimson tones as
they develop and fade. Could be any of Chrysantha, Comanche, Indiana,
or Sioux.

Regards, andy
http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.html

Old 28-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Paul

These don't change the new buds open and fade the same colour.

The mystery continues

Paul

Old 28-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Paul" wrote in message
These don't change the new buds open and fade the same colour.

The mystery continues

That's what I understood you to mean. I have one mini water lily that has
those blooms that change color over the several days they last. All the
other lilies stay the same until the blossom dies. But the blossom may be
slightly different colors in the different locations I keep them in.