GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dragon Flies Mating Over Pond (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/100571-dragon-flies-mating-over-pond.html)

bbrown9506 27-07-2005 05:50 PM

Dragon Flies Mating Over Pond

http://mysocalledpondlife.blogspot.com/

Watched these two seem to do a mating dance over my pond for over hour
yesterday! I love to watch them zoom around the pond, very cool

Reel Mckoi 27-07-2005 05:57 PM

"bbrown9506" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://mysocalledpondlife.blogspot.com/

Watched these two seem to do a mating dance over my pond for over hour
yesterday! I love to watch them zoom around the pond, very cool

=================================
We are now crawling with these pretty insects (or are they bugs?) with the
ongoing drought in my area. They're surely drawn to all the water in the
pools and ponds. I don't know what their larvae is feeding on since our
fry are now to big to be their victims.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

kathy 27-07-2005 06:06 PM

Bugs is bugs, actually.
Like beetles are beetles,
and the ladybug is actually a beetle,
or a ladybug beetle.
And they are all insects.
And spiders aren't. Insects.
And dragons and damsels are in a special
order all by themselves.
I expect they are eating each other.
And any other tiny critter that comes along.

k running out of things to avoid housework...

Reel Mckoi 27-07-2005 06:42 PM

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
k running out of things to avoid housework...

========================
There isn't much else to do but housework and some light cooking when the
heat index is over 100 F. :-(

I even caught up on my ironing. Bleah! :þ

dt 27-07-2005 09:06 PM

bbrown9506 wrote:

http://mysocalledpondlife.blogspot.com/

Watched these two seem to do a mating dance over my pond for over hour
yesterday! I love to watch them zoom around the pond, very cool

Great shots! What kind of camera are you using?

DT

http://www.thehungersite.com/

Lar 28-07-2005 12:05 AM

In article .com,
says...
:)
http://mysocalledpondlife.blogspot.com/
:)
:) Watched these two seem to do a mating dance over my pond for over hour
:) yesterday! I love to watch them zoom around the pond, very cool
:)
:)
Interesting how the different species lay their eggs..I've noticed that
the ones like you have splash their eggs into the plant life.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS

~ jan JJsPond.us 28-07-2005 05:35 AM

On 27 Jul 2005 09:50:13 -0700, "bbrown9506" wrote:

http://mysocalledpondlife.blogspot.com/

Watched these two seem to do a mating dance over my pond for over hour
yesterday! I love to watch them zoom around the pond, very cool

I know I read (in Kathy's blog perhaps?) that the males are actually
territorial, so they have their little dog fights over the pond.

Gorgeous shots, btw, bright orange.... I always find those the scariest for
some reason. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~