Old 31-07-2005, 10:09 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Algaefix

Does anyone have a bottle of Algaefix on hand that wouldn't mind typing in
the ingredients? I'd like to know what the active and inactive ingredients
are.

Thanks, ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 31-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Disciple

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:09:55 -0700, ~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

Does anyone have a bottle of Algaefix on hand that wouldn't mind typing in
the ingredients? I'd like to know what the active and inactive ingredients
are.

This is straight from the label:

Active Ingredient:
Poly(oxyethylene (dimethyliminio) ethylene (dimethyliminio) ethylene
(dichloride): 4.50%
Inert Ingredient: 95.50%

--
Disciple - Team Z
"... For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are
Old 31-07-2005, 11:24 PM
kathy

googling says
Active Ingredient:

Poly(oxyethylene (dimethyliminio) ethylene (dimethyliminio) ethylene
dichloride): 4.5%

Inert Ingredient:

95.50% (it didn't say what it was)

k :-)

Old 01-08-2005, 12:59 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:24:12 -0400, Disciple
wrote:

This is straight from the label:

Active Ingredient:
Poly(oxyethylene (dimethyliminio) ethylene (dimethyliminio) ethylene
(dichloride): 4.50%
Inert Ingredient: 95.50%

Solves that mystery. Definitely an herbicide, so that means if you don't
know the exact size, gallon-wise, of your pond (and most people over
estimate 20-50%) you could easily overdose and kill higher plant forms
and/or aquatic critters. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 01-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Derek Broughton

wrote:

This is straight from the label:

Active Ingredient:
Poly(oxyethylene (dimethyliminio) ethylene (dimethyliminio) ethylene
(dichloride): 4.50%
Inert Ingredient: 95.50%

Solves that mystery. Definitely an herbicide,

Not to mention, a carcinogen...
--
derek

Old 06-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Steve Noll

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 11:17:36 -0700, Otto Pylot
wrote:

wrote:

This is straight from the label:

Active Ingredient:
Poly(oxyethylene (dimethyliminio) ethylene (dimethyliminio) ethylene

(dichloride): 4.50%
Inert Ingredient: 95.50%

Solves that mystery. Definitely an herbicide, so that means if you don't
know the exact size, gallon-wise, of your pond (and most people over
estimate 20-50%) you could easily overdose and kill higher plant forms
and/or aquatic critters. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

We've been successfully using AlageFix for over a year now whenvever
our sring algae bloom appears. Works great and it has never harmed our
fish (koi, shubunkin, and mosquito fish) nor any of our plants (water
lettuce, lili, anacaris, etc). I've just followed the instructions and
been conservative with my volumes. However, I only use it when I really
need it. Otherwise, it's just PondZyme Plus and monthly filter
cleanings.

Ditto Otto, except 3 years. I get a strange algae that grows up from
pond bottom in columns. Not stringy, just barely holds together. 2
or 3 doses and it's over. Always follow the instructions exactly.
Never a problem, never bothers the butterfly koi or lilies.

Steve Noll | The Glass Block Pond

Algaefix Habanero Ponds 14 27-05-2006 07:08 PM
Algaefix Habanero Ponds (alternative) 0 22-05-2006 05:26 AM
AlgaeFix and Muriate of Potash Justin Ponds 5 04-07-2003 07:43 AM
AP's "AlgaeFix" and plants (was AP's "Algae-Destroyer") coelacanth Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 19-06-2003 09:56 PM
AlgaeFix anyone?? Ted Ponds 19 06-05-2003 08:08 AM