GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   250 gal, best pump (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/100974-250-gal-best-pump.html)

Lyn 04-08-2005 06:44 PM

250 gal, best pump

Hi,

I want a pump that will cost the least to run since it will
be running fairly constantly. I plan mostly a water garden
so I will probably have lots of leaves dropping into water.
I will also keep mosquito fish in it. Any filter considerations
welcome!!!

So any recommendations for 250 gal. (oblong shape with
three "fingers") pond are much appreciated.

Lyn

Roy 05-08-2005 01:56 PM

Yep, a Mag 3 or even a 5.....our local petsmart has the pondmaster
line of pumps and there was only $5 difference in the mag 3 and 5 so
with that little of a difference in cost as well as consumption of
power I think the 5 wuold be a better deal

..On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 18:03:25 -0400, Michael Shaffer
wrote:

===Lyn wrote:
=== Hi,
===
=== I want a pump that will cost the least to run since it will
=== be running fairly constantly. I plan mostly a water garden
=== so I will probably have lots of leaves dropping into water.
=== I will also keep mosquito fish in it. Any filter considerations
=== welcome!!!
===
=== So any recommendations for 250 gal. (oblong shape with
=== three "fingers") pond are much appreciated.
===
=== Lyn
===
===