GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hole in the head disease (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/100991-hole-head-disease.html)

San Diego Joe 05-08-2005 02:27 AM

Hole in the head disease

I have a Koi that yesterday looked fine. Today he has noticeable mark on his
forehead that looks like a small crater. Does anyone know if Koi are
susceptible to hole in the head disease? This was the first thing that
popped into my head having had Oscars for some time. This is a rather large
thing though. It looks almost like he ran into something.

My water parameters are very good.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

San Diego Joe 05-08-2005 04:58 PM

"Priscilla McCullough" wrote:

Could a bird have tried to stab it?
I had a egret try to take one of mine and he put a hole in it.
Priss
"San Diego Joe" wrote in message
I have a Koi that yesterday looked fine. Today he has noticeable mark on
his
forehead that looks like a small crater. Does anyone know if Koi are
susceptible to hole in the head disease? This was the first thing that
popped into my head having had Oscars for some time. This is a rather
large
thing though. It looks almost like he ran into something.

My water parameters are very good.

I don't think so. The wound isn't that deep. It looks like someone took a 3"
nail and stamped his head with the non pointy end.

Carl Beyer 05-08-2005 06:44 PM

In article ,
San Diego Joe wrote:

I have a Koi that yesterday looked fine. Today he has noticeable mark on his
forehead that looks like a small crater. Does anyone know if Koi are
susceptible to hole in the head disease? This was the first thing that
popped into my head having had Oscars for some time. This is a rather large
thing though. It looks almost like he ran into something.

My water parameters are very good.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

I had this on my koi... dumbass ran right into a rock on a quick turn.
Left a nice mark for a few days.

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com