Old 11-03-2003, 03:32 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Other Fishes?!?!?

Has anyone experimented with anything other then the standards like Koi and
Goldfish? What about some of the typical fish you see in the pet store. Tin
foils? Pl*cos? Will anything else survive?

--
BenignVanilla
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.

Old 11-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Shirley Bounds

We've had experience with Koi not surviving sometimes! Had a water problem
at the time and only the indestructable goldfish made it. We had a lot of
algae one year so I put in some of those little "sucker" fish to try to control
it. Whether they did or not, I'll never know.... they disappear from view
and you never see them again! If you have any luck with another type fish,
let me know!

Shirley

Old 11-03-2003, 05:45 PM
KenCo

BenignVanilla wrote:

Has anyone experimented with anything other then the standards like Koi and
Goldfish? What about some of the typical fish you see in the pet store. Tin
foils? Pl*cos? Will anything else survive?

--
BenignVanilla
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
tibetanbeefgarden.com
x-no-archive: yes

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.

std. tropicals wont last in water temps. under 60F

some great cold water types:
Golden Orfes, 14" max size, schooling,
BUT unfortunatly havent been avail.

Blue Bitterling, 4-5" max, schooling,
bright violet/green/blue and red highlights
(in stock)

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:21 PM
Hal

I would be a good idea to know the fish you plan to add to a koi pond.
Pleco need lots of vegetation and sometimes eat through liners. They
are hardly ever seen and I wonder why some people bother?

Regards,

Hal

Old 11-03-2003, 06:45 PM
Bill

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...
Has anyone experimented with anything other then the standards like Koi

and
Goldfish? What about some of the typical fish you see in the pet store.

Tin
foils? Pl*cos? Will anything else survive?

I live in Florida, and I have made several small ponds and I have used
many types of fish. I hate koi, I think the only reason people use them is
because they are easy to see without really having to look. Hard to make a
natural looking pond with big old orange fish in it.

---

Old 12-03-2003, 12:49 AM
RichToyBox

It is my understanding that plecos will do fine in the pond during the
summer, but as soon as the water temperature drops to 55 degrees, they die.
They do have a nasty habit of attaching themselves to the koi and causing
sores, particularly if the pond has been cleaned of algae to well by having
too many. Check
http://www.koivet.com/html/articles/...le_id=179&cate
gory=11&search_term=pleco
--