Old 07-08-2005, 05:55 PM
jugglingeek

Default Fungle infection, require advice

I came back from holiday on the 19th of July to find my 30cm asagi koi
had an infected sore in it's side near the tail. on the 23rd the sore
was cleaned, swabed with iodine and given anti-biotic injection. Fish
has been treated with idodine again on 26th, 29th, 2th August and today
(7th).

The fish seems no better and no worse. The water temperature is between
15 and 19 degrees. What should I do. I am worried about the other fish
been infected

Old 07-08-2005, 07:01 PM
RichToyBox

I would not use the iodine but one time. It burns, cauterizes the wound,
and helps the wound to begin to heal. I would continue the use of
antibiotic ointment and wait. Wounds don't heal immediately, they take
time. Keep the fish in the most pristine water you can get, zeros on
ammonia, nitrite, and wait.
--
RichToyBox

oups.com...

Old 07-08-2005, 08:37 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 14:01:28 -0400, "RichToyBox" wrote:

I would not use the iodine but one time. It burns, cauterizes the wound,
and helps the wound to begin to heal. I would continue the use of
antibiotic ointment and wait. Wounds don't heal immediately, they take
time. Keep the fish in the most pristine water you can get, zeros on
ammonia, nitrite, and wait.

Ditto.

Clean wound once, after that you're constantly removing the fish scab and
any new cells that have developed. Injections usually have to be given more
than one time, so many days apart all based on water temperature. Koizyme
in the water would help too, lowers the nasty bacteria levels.

Jugglingeek, are you working with a fishvet or KHA? What are you injecting?
~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Worm farms to require licences Nick Maclaren United Kingdom 3 04-04-2007 03:08 PM
Steve Parks is drinking again! Was Is my yeast infection permanent?!?!?! Bye Lawns 0 10-09-2006 12:03 AM
Rose prick infection Jack Gardening 12 08-08-2005 12:50 AM
New algae treatment, will require some plumbing work K30a Ponds 1 29-03-2003 03:20 AM