GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bulkheads the US call them, Where in UK (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/101113-bulkheads-us-call-them-where-uk.html)

Daniel Finn 07-08-2005 10:16 PM

Bulkheads the US call them, Where in UK

Hi,

I am after the connector which you fit to a tank and attach a hose to the other end. In the US it is called a bulk head. What are they called in the UK and where can I find one?

Also where can I get different sized water tanks to custom build filters out of?

Thanks,

Daniel

sean mckinney 08-08-2005 08:18 AM

"I am after the connector which you fit to a tank and attach a hose to the other end. In the US it is called a bulk head. What are they called in the UK and where can I find one?"
Check your thread on GW.
If you want to use hose, which may not be a good idea if it will be buried then, from the tank connector to a 1.5"BSP aquamax connector from the likes of ER koi, then to a 1.5"BSP inline hose, Oase, and that has a hosetail on the 'other' end.

Daniel Finn 08-08-2005 01:08 PM

Sorry Im acting like a noob here.

What does BSP mean.

if I want a 3/4" outlet from the settlement tank into another filter (both at same level so no overflow) would I be able ot use this?

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/733-477

or

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/733-1779

What kind of pipe fits to these? I presume the standard 3/4 inch pump hose wouldnt. Would i need ot use a small length of 3/4" PVC pipe to fix tank connector to hose?

Thanks,

Daniel

sean mckinney 08-08-2005 04:28 PM

What is BSP? Sorry, British Standard Pipe thread, its an old imperial spec that given your age you would have no reason to know.

Daniel Finn 08-08-2005 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean mckinney
What is BSP? Sorry, British Standard Pipe thread, its an old imperial spec that given your age you would have no reason to know.

Ah ok,

Thanks,

Daniel