Old 08-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Gareee©

Default Considering new stream to pond.. inpu?

Hey guys.. I'm considering adding a stream to the pond. The idea is to pump
water up to the stream head (maybe 5-8 feet away), and create a stream
"channel" using my local rock, and quickrete with imbedded stones, if
possible.

Can the quickrete be sealed using concrete sealer so lime or such doesn't
leech into the pond?

I'm on a slight grade, and want to take advantage of that using some of th
elarge native rocks in my yard, and posibly building up the stream some, so
it ends in a slight waterfall into the pond itself.

The idea is to create a wood/wire framework with some of the large rocks
around/in it, and then quickrete the stream "bottom", and using concrete
stain for the stream "bottom", with some of th elocal rocks, and some water
worn rocks for a more natural effect.

I was also thinking of including a few depression "planters" for some plants
to help sell the natural appearance.

Feedback/ideas?

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 09-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Hi Gareee,

We were concerned about cracks in a cement stream bed. We went with a
liner under the stones...looks fine and has no danger of crack leaks.
We had to shape the bed with treated wood because it passes under our
deck, We put 1 1/2" strips at the edges and liner overthem. This gives
us a nioce channel under the deck. You could bypass the wood if you
could use dirt.

Good luck.

Jim

Old 09-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Gareee©

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
Hi Gareee,

We were concerned about cracks in a cement stream bed. We went with a
liner under the stones...looks fine and has no danger of crack leaks.
We had to shape the bed with treated wood because it passes under our
deck, We put 1 1/2" strips at the edges and liner overthem. This gives
us a nioce channel under the deck. You could bypass the wood if you
could use dirt.

Dirt might actually work... I'll consider that, since it'd lso be cheaper...

Considering a rose Pen Roses 0 25-12-2004 08:32 PM
We got tadpoles in our new pond! (considering Koi) Gareee© Ponds 13 09-06-2004 03:15 PM
Tomatillo (Physalis ixocarpa) verdict: worth considering Steve Harris United Kingdom 3 08-10-2003 08:10 AM
Considering Growing Orchids (Beginner) Jill S. Orchids 9 30-09-2003 10:03 AM
Considering Mountfield SP460R Mower - any advice ? John Snow United Kingdom 1 27-07-2003 07:43 PM