Old 11-03-2003, 08:12 PM
Ron Peace

Default Faux Rock

I,m in the process of creating a pond/waterfeature. I would like to use fake
rock, does anybody know of a good video or how to book on the process of
making large rock for a waterfall?

Troll Bridge Services
Ron Peace

Old 11-03-2003, 10:51 PM
Mike

I bought a couple of videos from JPJ Technologies. It was advertised on
T.V. To be honest the video is kind of amateurish, not something you'd see
on HGTV but all in all it did have some good information I think you'll find
it useful. I bought the Boulder Pond with Waterfall video
first then Make it a Fish Pond! video this one has a good plan for a
biofilter. Also the company is very courteous and will answer any e-mails
promptly. Hope this helps...keep in touch because I am going to start a
project as soon as the weather clears.

LINK http://www.1800720rock.com/index.asp
. ca...

Old 12-03-2003, 01:15 AM
RichToyBox

Look at the following link:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/l...025828050.html
--
RichToyBox

. ca...

Old 12-03-2003, 09:34 PM
Ron Peace

Thanks for the info. The project I'm planing may be on a larger scale and
involve 8-10 ft high rock out croppings.
. ca...

Old 13-03-2003, 04:32 AM
Steve Eyrse

I,m in the process of creating a pond/waterfeature. I would like to use fake
rock, does anybody know of a good video or how to book on the process of
making large rock for a waterfall?

First you need to make the substructure strong enough to walk on. As
you will end up doing that. So lets' say you want a 6 foot high by 9
foot around " bolder " with some chunks out of it so you can have a
tray for the water fall to run out of. The sub would need to be made
of ¾ " marine grade ( due to the water ) plywood. Covered with
contractors cloth ( a heavy duty medium mesh screen that is galvanized
) . The top coat could be A / B foam and or quickcrete. Internal
plumbing of 1 " sched 40 PVC. The whole thing would need to be
anchored to the ground. Use those deck things you can get from a home
center. Concrete with metal straps formed in.

Just some thoughts !

Steve E.

http://pages.prodigy.net/airs/rocks/making.htm

Old 13-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Lee Brouillet

Ron, try
http://www.rockandwater.com for info. I purchased Erik Kincaid's book, and
it has very detailed info for building small to very large exhibits. The
site also has nifty little goodies like fossil imprints to emboss on your
rocks.

Another good site is http://www.urdls.com/index.html, suggested below.
Although they want to do the work themselves, their photos will give you
some very interesting ideas (eat your heart out!)

A big exhibit is a mind-boggling project. Good luck, and keep us advised of
your progress.

Lee

. ca...

Old 03-02-2004, 01:37 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Brouillet
Ron, try
http://www.rockandwater.com for info. I purchased Erik Kincaid's book, and
it has very detailed info for building small to very large exhibits. The
site also has nifty little goodies like fossil imprints to emboss on your
rocks.

Another good site is http://www.urdls.com/index.html, suggested below.
Although they want to do the work themselves, their photos will give you
some very interesting ideas (eat your heart out!)

A big exhibit is a mind-boggling project. Good luck, and keep us advised of
your progress.

Lee

"Ron Peace" wrote in message
. ca...
I,m in the process of creating a pond/waterfeature. I would like to use

fake
rock, does anybody know of a good video or how to book on the process of
making large rock for a waterfall?

Troll Bridge Services
Ron Peace

Hi there Lee,

Just to let you know that you have another option - just wanted to let you know we are here also. www.ezyrock.com

Good luck with your project,
Ezy Rock Customer Service
Old 03-02-2004, 02:49 PM
bk

I recently toured the construction site for the new Seminole HardRock
Paradise site in Ft. Laud. The pool has a monster fake waterfall w/ slide
and topped with a hot tub. Very over the top. The fake rock is magnificent.
I was told that it was designed and built with 3 wks. If will post company
name
if I can remember.
"ezyrock" wrote in message
s.com...
Lee Brouillet wrote:
*Ron, try
http://www.rockandwater.com for info. I purchased Erik Kincaid's
book, and
it has very detailed info for building small to very large exhibits.
The
site also has nifty little goodies like fossil imprints to emboss on
your
rocks.

Another good site is http://www.urdls.com/index.html, suggested
below.
Although they want to do the work themselves, their photos will give
you
some very interesting ideas (eat your heart out!)

A big exhibit is a mind-boggling project. Good luck, and keep us
advised of
your progress.

Lee

. ca...

*

Old 03-02-2004, 02:58 PM
bk

I recently toured the construction site for the new Seminole HardRock
Paradise site in Ft. Laud. The pool has a monster fake waterfall w/ slide
and topped with a hot tub. Very over the top. The fake rock is magnificent.
I was told that it was designed and built with 3 wks. If will post company
name
if I can remember.
"ezyrock" wrote in message
s.com...
Lee Brouillet wrote:
*Ron, try
http://www.rockandwater.com for info. I purchased Erik Kincaid's
book, and
it has very detailed info for building small to very large exhibits.
The
site also has nifty little goodies like fossil imprints to emboss on
your
rocks.

Another good site is http://www.urdls.com/index.html, suggested
below.
Although they want to do the work themselves, their photos will give
you
some very interesting ideas (eat your heart out!)

A big exhibit is a mind-boggling project. Good luck, and keep us
advised of
your progress.

Lee

"Ron Peace" wrote in message
. ca...
I,m in the process of creating a pond/waterfeature. I would like to

use
fake
rock, does anybody know of a good video or how to book on the

process of
making large rock for a waterfall?

Troll Bridge Services
Ron Peace

*

Hi there Lee,

Just to let you know that you have another option - just wanted to let
you know we are here also. www.ezyrock.com

Good luck with your project,
Ezy Rock Customer Service
--
ezyrock

Big Faux Pas re gaskelliana Wendy7 Orchid Photos 0 31-05-2008 03:33 AM
Thoughts on outdoor faux plants oldhickory Texas 0 15-02-2007 09:47 PM
Faux Landscape Rocks Piney Lawns 4 02-03-2005 12:37 PM
faux pottery/planters??? Lee Gardening 5 08-11-2003 06:02 AM
Faux rocks? Whit Texas 3 05-04-2003 11:09 AM