Old 21-08-2005, 12:59 AM
JGW

Default hospital tank and mosquitoes

I just moved my fish from a temporary 300 gallon stock tank to their
permanent new pond. I'm planning to keep my old tank as a hospital
tank. I'm thinking of putting in some BT (Vectolex or mosquito dunks)
into the hospital tank to keep the mosquitoes down. Does anybody know
for sure if these products are really safe for goldfish/koi?

Thanks.
Old 21-08-2005, 01:20 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 16:59:14 -0700, JGW wrote:

I just moved my fish from a temporary 300 gallon stock tank to their
permanent new pond. I'm planning to keep my old tank as a hospital
tank. I'm thinking of putting in some BT (Vectolex or mosquito dunks)
into the hospital tank to keep the mosquitoes down. Does anybody know
for sure if these products are really safe for goldfish/koi?

Thanks.

They are. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 21-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Registered User

Location: Belfast, N Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGW
I just moved my fish from a temporary 300 gallon stock tank to their
permanent new pond. I'm planning to keep my old tank as a hospital
tank. I'm thinking of putting in some BT (Vectolex or mosquito dunks)
into the hospital tank to keep the mosquitoes down. Does anybody know
for sure if these products are really safe for goldfish/koi?

Thanks.
I would get an a quarium net and just trawl the tank every few days for larvae and feed them to the fish, my fish love them.
Old 21-08-2005, 07:44 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

JGW Wrote:
I just moved my fish from a temporary 300 gallon stock tank to their
permanent new pond. I'm planning to keep my old tank as a hospital
tank. I'm thinking of putting in some BT (Vectolex or mosquito dunks)
into the hospital tank to keep the mosquitoes down. Does anybody know
for sure if these products are really safe for goldfish/koi?

JGW, why don't you get some small koi or goldfish to keep the filter in the
300 gallon stock tank charged? They'll eat the larvae and if you have a
sick fish you can put the stock-tank fish in the pond and have less of a
cycling issue with the sick fish in the 300 gallon stock tank? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~