Old 14-03-2003, 02:32 AM
Wlucas4

Default The 'Aquascape System' has the be the WORST pond system out there

The 'Aquascape System' has the be the WORST pond system on the market. The
whole pond system is really poorly designed.

-Adding rocks to the bottom of the pond is absolutly horrible. All of the
fish waste, all of the leaves and plant debris gets caught on the bottom of
the pond and can never be cleaned out. It is just a giant breeding ground
for aermonus bacteria

-How are you suppost to clean the 'biofalls'? If you pull the filter
material out and wash it with a city tap hose you will kill all of the
bacteria that was growning on the filter material. In the system there is
no way to clean out the dirty water in the biofalls after you pull the
filter material out.

-Draining out the entire system and powerwashing it is a very bad idea too.
All of the good bacteria will be killed from the clorinated water and you
will be stuck with the new pond symdrome year after year. It could take
months depending on your fish load to come back online. It is very bad for
fish to have a high amonia and nitrite level.

-It is impossible to keep the rocks clean and not having sting algae growing
all over the rocks in the pond.

-There is many more bad things about the system

anyone have any comments please respond to the news group

Old 14-03-2003, 04:44 AM
Douglas Bolt

I am starting the second year on a Aquascape pond. So far, no problems.
You
are not giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling about the coming season. Last
year,
both fish and plants seemed to do quite well. Where are you located? I'm
in Maryland.

doug bolt
Visit: http://www.boltassociates.com

Old 14-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Douglas Bolt wrote:
I am starting the second year on a Aquascape pond. So far, no problems.
You
are not giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling about the coming season. Last
year,
both fish and plants seemed to do quite well. Where are you located? I'm
in Maryland.

doug bolt
Visit: http://www.boltassociates.com

I don't have an Aquascape pond, but I have seen several ponds
that are beautifully maintained by the installer. Some will
remember Glenn Reiker, his ponds and the ones he has
installed and maintained are quite beautiful. So, if you
have the money and a good landscaper you'll also be able to
maintain a beautiful Aquacape pond.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 15-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Douglas Bolt

Bonnie,

Thanks for the info. I don't have anyone to maintain the pond, but it was
installed by folks who install ponds and do landscaping and other botanical
types of things - Botanical Decorators. I have been pleased with their
work.

The pond was clear nearly all of last year, after a bit of green in the
early spring. I don't expect problems this year, but one never knows. I
hope the warning about Aquascape ponds in the previous post will not apply
to our pond...

If you are interested, there are some pics of the pond and other backyard
scenes on my web site below. You might even get a kick out of the pics of
the pond in action as a backyard birdfeeder.

Old 16-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Douglas Bolt wrote:
Bonnie,

Thanks for the info. I don't have anyone to maintain the pond, but it was
installed by folks who install ponds and do landscaping and other botanical
types of things - Botanical Decorators. I have been pleased with their
work.

The pond was clear nearly all of last year, after a bit of green in the
early spring. I don't expect problems this year, but one never knows. I
hope the warning about Aquascape ponds in the previous post will not apply
to our pond...

If you are interested, there are some pics of the pond and other backyard
scenes on my web site below. You might even get a kick out of the pics of
the pond in action as a backyard birdfeeder.

doug bolt
Visit: http://www.boltassociates.com

Your yard is beautiful and the pond looks like it
has always been there.
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 16-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Douglas Bolt

Thanks for the kind words, Bonnie.

I hope the pond settles in a bit more this year. It has been a real joy to
have. I'm ready to for spring so I can tinker in the yard again.

doug bolt
For current weather in Beltsville, MD & pics of friends, family, plants
and birds, visit: http://www.boltassociates.com