GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Muddy Pond Water (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/104203-muddy-pond-water.html)

Cheryl 03-09-2005 06:25 PM

Muddy Pond Water

Hi,

Last month we added a Lilly to the pond. At first our kois didnt seem
bothered by it but one morning we found the lily uprooted and floating on
top of the water. When we fished the pot out that it was in there was no
soil left at all. Unfortunatetly the mud/soil is now all in the water. Our
pond is currently so muddy that you can hardly see the fish at all. We have
tryed stiring the mud up to help it go through the filter but this hasnt
really done much. Today we have started to do a 1/4 to 1/2 water change to
see if this helps and have been amazed how much mud and brown water we have
removed!
Would placing a couple of Algae pads in the pond to help catch the silt be
of any use?
I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and if you
know of any solutions that may help us.

Thanks very much from a couple of pond newbies!

Reel Mckoi 03-09-2005 07:14 PM

"Cheryl" wrote in message
k...
[...]

I did what you're doing - partial water changes. Nothing else worked.
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

sean mckinney 04-09-2005 01:41 PM

If there is mud lying on the bottom of the pond the fish will root in it and keep stirring it up. I would suggest vacuuming the bottom of the pond