GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Eggbound Comet (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/104361-eggbound-comet.html)

Eddie J. 07-09-2005 02:52 AM

Eggbound Comet

We have a comet that appears to be eggbound, what do we do to resolve
this problem ?

--
Eddie J.

~ jan JJsPond.us 07-09-2005 03:24 PM

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 02:52:18 +0100, Eddie J.
wrote:

We have a comet that appears to be eggbound, what do we do to resolve
this problem ?

Get a male goldfish or don't feed, she'll reabsorb the eggs. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

San Diego Joe 07-09-2005 05:40 PM

"Eddie J." wrote:

We have a comet that appears to be eggbound, what do we do to resolve
this problem ?

Are you sure it is egg bound and not dropsy?

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

Reel Mckoi 07-09-2005 05:45 PM

"San Diego Joe" wrote in message
"Eddie J." wrote:

We have a comet that appears to be eggbound, what do we do to resolve
this problem ?

Are you sure it is egg bound and not dropsy?

I read somewhere that gently massaging their abdomen helps them pass the
eggs - if they are eggbound. I never tried it though........
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b