Old 10-02-2003, 08:25 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Return Pipe

I plan to suck water out of my pond via bottom drain and a skimmer at one
end. My pond will be longer then it is wide, and I plan to have the skimmer
one of the ends as I think it will "look" best. Where/How should I have
water return to the pond? Enter deep? Enter shallow? Across from skimmer? At
an angle? Any pro's or con's to a particular method?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.

Old 10-02-2003, 08:55 PM
RichToyBox

I think the best is to have the skimmer and bottom drain on the deepest end
of the pond, with the waterfall or other return stream coming in on the
shallow end. This tends to cause the debris to flow toward the bottom drain
by current and gravity. The best location for the skimmer is actually on
the east side, since the prevailing winds come from the west, and will help
to cause the leaves to blow/sail toward the skimmer, but it is not always
possible to align the pond west shallow, and east deep.
--
RichToyBox

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...

Old 10-02-2003, 09:55 PM
joe

BenignVanilla wrote:

Across from skimmer

That way you turn over more water (fewer dead spots)

Joe