Old 10-02-2003, 11:55 PM
Justin

Default Feb. edition of "The Pond Newsletter" --posting on Tuesday!

The February edition is almost ready. In order to receive the February
edition of the monthly newsletter, go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pondnewsletter/ and click "Join this
Group!". I will post it Tuesday (February 11th).

If you are not a Yahoo! member, you may also subscribe by sending a
blank e-mail to . After you
send the e-mail, you will receive an automated reply from Yahoo! and
you must reply back to it. The instructions will be in the e-mail.

This group is for pond and water garden discussion via newsletter.
Topics include but are not limited to koi, goldfish, plants, and
setup. Members of the group may contribute their own advice,
information, and pictures.

It is my intention for the people who post in rec.ponds to get
involved with this newsletter. I would REALLY like to see everyone
work together to make this a success. We could have our own monthly
pond "e-zine." All you would need to do is write a short little piece
each month. Write about algae, filters, koi disease, whatever! If you
can help, please subscribe to the newsletter and/or let me know that
you can help. Tell me what you think. I really want this effort to be
a success.

Thank you and I hope to see a few more subscriptions this week! Happy
ponding!

Justin
http://www.geocities.com/justinm090

To receive the newsletter, go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pondnewsletter/ now.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:25 AM
Justin

(Justin) wrote in message . com...
The February edition is almost ready. In order to receive the February
edition of the monthly newsletter, go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pondnewsletter/ and click "Join this
Group!". I will post it Tuesday (February 11th).

If you are not a Yahoo! member, you may also subscribe by sending a
blank e-mail to . After you
send the e-mail, you will receive an automated reply from Yahoo! and
you must reply back to it. The instructions will be in the e-mail.

To receive the newsletter, go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pondnewsletter/ now.

I posted the February newsletter today. If you did not sign up in
time, it can be viewed at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pondnewsletter/. Click "Messages" on the
left and then "The Pond Newsletter - February Edition." Happy ponding!

Justin

Old 12-02-2003, 03:25 AM
mad

and beaucoup spam!
mad
--
All stressed out and no one to choke...

Old 12-02-2003, 04:55 AM
Nedra

Well ... I appreciate what Justin is doing. If you
guys don't like it then just hush-up. Please don't bad-
mouth the guy for attempting a new project.

Keep up the good work, Justin!

Nedra

"mad" wrote in message
and beaucoup spam!
mad
--
All stressed out and no one to choke...

Old 12-02-2003, 04:55 AM
Bob H

Wasn't badmouthing him, I am sure I would enjoy his newsletter...just not at
Yahoo.

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Well ... I appreciate what Justin is doing. If you
guys don't like it then just hush-up. Please don't bad-
mouth the guy for attempting a new project.

Keep up the good work, Justin!

Nedra

"mad" wrote in message
and beaucoup spam!
mad
--
All stressed out and no one to choke...

Old 12-02-2003, 04:55 AM
Nedra

My Pond club uses the Yahoo group to send pictures
etc to all 300 members. I have never heard a bad word
about it. I think if you can come up with an
alternative way of sending it, then email Justin and
take it up with him privately.... not on a public
forum.

Nedra

"Bob H" wrote in message
Wasn't badmouthing him, I am sure I would enjoy his newsletter...just not

at
Yahoo.

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Well ... I appreciate what Justin is doing. If you
guys don't like it then just hush-up. Please don't bad-
mouth the guy for attempting a new project.

Keep up the good work, Justin!

Nedra

"mad" wrote in message
and beaucoup spam!
mad
--
All stressed out and no one to choke...

Old 12-02-2003, 05:25 AM
mad

yes, my sentiments also.
mad
--
You don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old
because you stop laughing.

From: "Bob H"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:45:05 -0800

Wasn't badmouthing him, I am sure I would enjoy his newsletter...just not at
Yahoo.

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Well ... I appreciate what Justin is doing. If you
guys don't like it then just hush-up. Please don't bad-
mouth the guy for attempting a new project.

Keep up the good work, Justin!

Nedra

"mad" wrote in message
and beaucoup spam!
mad
--
All stressed out and no one to choke...

Old 12-02-2003, 05:25 AM
Mac Knight

Then offer other suggestions - constructive, perhaps.

Thanks.

Mac Knight

http://www.macknight.addr.com

"Bob H" wrote in message
Wasn't badmouthing him, I am sure I would enjoy his newsletter...just not

at
Yahoo.

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Well ... I appreciate what Justin is doing. If you
guys don't like it then just hush-up. Please don't bad-
mouth the guy for attempting a new project.

Keep up the good work, Justin!

Nedra

"mad" wrote in message
and beaucoup spam!
mad
--
All stressed out and no one to choke...

Old 12-02-2003, 05:25 AM
Frank Hagan

On 11 Feb 2003 17:15:13 -0800, (Justin)
wrote:

(Justin) wrote in message . com...
The February edition is almost ready. In order to receive the February
edition of the monthly newsletter, go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pondnewsletter/ and click "Join this
Group!". I will post it Tuesday (February 11th).

If you are not a Yahoo! member, you may also subscribe by sending a
blank e-mail to . After you
send the e-mail, you will receive an automated reply from Yahoo! and
you must reply back to it. The instructions will be in the e-mail.

To receive the newsletter, go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pondnewsletter/ now.

I posted the February newsletter today. If you did not sign up in
time, it can be viewed at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pondnewsletter/. Click "Messages" on the
left and then "The Pond Newsletter - February Edition." Happy ponding!

Justin

Great edition, Justin! And timely too, seeing as how I'm
contemplating how to protect my fish when I re-build my pond this
summer.

I joined the Yahoo Group ... the "security concerns" are overblown
IMHO, but other's mileage may vary. Yahoo at least tells you what it
is doing, and why, and lets you opt out.

- - -
http://www.messing-about.com
Resources for the Boat Builder, Renovator and Small Boat Skipper

Old 12-02-2003, 03:25 PM
Justin

mad wrote in message ...
and beaucoup spam!
mad

I've never had a problem with spam. Generally, you will be spammed if
you start typing your e-mail address into random popups that may
appear on your screen without seriously considering the ramifications
of doing it. You can still view the newsletter "spamfree" as you say
by going to the website. I made it also a public domain so that you do
not have to receive the newsletter via e-mail. Note that you can read
any of the newsletters via
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pondnewsletter/. I seriously doubt
you'll get any spam from doing so.

Justin
Old 12-02-2003, 11:25 PM
Nancy

Hi Justin!

and beaucoup spam!
mad

I've never had a problem with spam. Generally, you will be spammed if
you start typing your e-mail address into random popups that may
appear on your screen without seriously considering the ramifications
of doing it.

I've been on the hosta list via Yahoo for over a year and haven't gotten
spammed from that list. I've seen writings by a few folks who think that
Yahoo has given them to the spam-lords, but those are usually 'newbies'.
OTOH, I do use the freebie: NoAds to avoid popups.

Nice newsletter, btw. I never knew so much about herons. Guess that I'm
glad I've never seen them in my Ohio pond.

Nancy
Zone 5

Old 13-02-2003, 02:25 AM
Fringe Ryder

"Nedra" sez:
Well ... I appreciate what Justin is doing. If you
guys don't like it then just hush-up. Please don't bad-
mouth the guy for attempting a new project.

Keep up the good work, Justin!

An entire room full of top-posters!

You don't need to sacrifice your privacy to get value from Yahoo. Set up a
sneakemail account (like in my header here) to get a disposable account.
It's free. Then create your Yahoo account using that account. You can
even use an anonymizing proxy such as Freedom or OrangaTango to hide your
IP address if you're that paranoid, and almost everything will still work.

I haven't looked at Justin's page solely because (1) I already am a
sporadic member of three Yahoo-based pond groups and (2) I haven't had the
time to click on the link. But I do appreciate what he's doing.
Old 13-02-2003, 04:55 AM
Frank Hagan

On 12 Feb 2003 06:19:47 -0800, (Justin)
wrote:

mad wrote in message ...
and beaucoup spam!
mad

I've never had a problem with spam. Generally, you will be spammed if
you start typing your e-mail address into random popups that may
appear on your screen without seriously considering the ramifications
of doing it. You can still view the newsletter "spamfree" as you say
by going to the website. I made it also a public domain so that you do
not have to receive the newsletter via e-mail. Note that you can read
any of the newsletters via
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pondnewsletter/. I seriously doubt
you'll get any spam from doing so.

Justin

You're always welcome to "mirror" it on PondResource if you want,
Justin. Its a nice complement to the great FAQ you have on your own
site (which I would like to provide a link to once I get some time to
set up the community links program).
- - -
Old 13-02-2003, 10:55 AM
~ jan

wrote:

any of the newsletters via
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pondnewsletter/. I seriously doubt
you'll get any spam from doing so.

Justin

I went there, but "messages" is not clickable. ? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a