GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plants for edge of uk wildlife pond (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/107239-plants-edge-uk-wildlife-pond.html)

Broadback 21-09-2005 02:46 PM

Plants for edge of uk wildlife pond

I have got rid of the "top" underlay, thanks to all your help. Now
another question please. I would like to place plants on the top of the
low bank surrounding the pond that would tend to tumble over to soften
the edges. As it is a wild life pond in the UK I would like some
suggestions for indigenous plant please.

Reel Mckoi 21-09-2005 03:54 PM

"Broadback" wrote in message
I have got rid of the "top" underlay, thanks to all your help. Now another
question please. I would like to place plants on the top of the low bank
surrounding the pond that would tend to tumble over to soften the edges.
As it is a wild life pond in the UK I would like some suggestions for
indigenous plant please.

Hi! I'm not in the UK but English Ivy should be. :-) I have it growing
around the berm of my smaller pond (eventually it will hide the entire rock
necklace) to soften the edges. Taller plants are Hostas - for some height.
In any case the limestone rock hides the edges of the liner which are folded
up to keep runoff from entering the ponds.
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b