GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Star grass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/10803-star-grass.html)

Tippi 18-03-2003 03:56 AM

Star grass

I picked up a plant called "star grass". It looks like pale green
grass but a few blades are white at the top and splay out in several
directions like a star. While leafing through the Better Homes and
Gardens "Water Garden" book I'm surprised to see a pic of it labelled
dwarf cattail, though two plants have been given that name in the pic
(page 22). What is the correct species name for star grass?

and does anyone know what is the name of the miniature waterlily on
page 15?
TIA!

K30a 18-03-2003 03:56 AM

Star grass

Star Grass
Dichromena colorata
Hardy zones 7-10
* Height: 16-24"
* Planting Depth: Top of pot should be 0-3" below water surface
* Full sun to partial shade

info provided by:
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/watergarden/stargrass.html

Looks really neat!