Old 17-10-2005, 08:29 AM
Reel Mckoi

Default Do skunks fish?

"Otto Pylot" wrote in message
Odd question I know but for the last couple of nights, about 3am, we've
smelled skunk really strong. It appears to be coming from our backyard
where the koi pond is. Today, we noticed that one of the potted plants
in the center of the pond was knocked over.

## We have skunks here and can smell them often. They've never gotten into
the ponds as far as we know. They're not fishers or swimmers but will drink
from the edge.

We have 2 Shubunkins and 2
sliver back koi's. We haven't seen any of the fish all day. It's kinda
got me worried. I know skunk smell can travel, especially at night but
I don't know. We don't live out in the country but in a fairly
populated residential area. Has anyone ever had problems with skunks
fishing in their ponds?

## Not so far. If the weather is very dry where you are they may come by
for a drink at night. It's more likely a raccoon. They will live and
thrive in populated areas.
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Fun With Skunks JoeSpareBedroom[_2_] Gardening 12 28-08-2010 05:55 PM
Skunks Frank Lawns 4 30-07-2007 08:29 PM
Q: Do skunks fish? CanadianCowboy Ponds 0 17-10-2005 01:43 AM
skunks laura Gardening 1 20-10-2004 01:00 PM
Racoons/Skunks Ben Tuinman Gardening 2 31-03-2003 05:08 PM