GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Quarantine Tank Advice (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/10868-quarantine-tank-advice.html)

LeilaniR 18-03-2003 03:32 PM

Quarantine Tank Advice

Hello Everyone,

I would like to set up a quarantine tank for newly acquired fishes, question
is location? Because the new arrivals are for the pond, should the tank be
placed outside where new fishes are able to become accustomed to outdoor
temperatures?

Thanks for the Help!

LeilaniR
Florida (Zone 10)

RichToyBox 18-03-2003 09:44 PM

Quarantine Tank Advice

Yes, but in the shade. It could be in a carport, or on the north side of
your house. The small volume of water will undergo much larger temperature
swings than the pond, especially if it is in the sun.
--
RichToyBox

[email protected] 19-03-2003 01:44 AM

Quarantine Tank Advice

no, bring em in where you can keep an eye on them UNLESS you have a big rubbermaid
tank for them, then net it and leave it outside. with your warm temps there isnt
going to be much shock going into warmer water from cooler inside water. follow the
quarantine procedures in the care section of http://puregold.aquaria.net/
Ingrid