GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   When is it going to warm up? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/1089-re-when-going-warm-up.html)

Bonnie Espenshade 11-02-2003 01:25 PM

When is it going to warm up?

MLF wrote:
For you folks who are having trouble figuring out when spring will
arrive (like me), have a look at the following web site:

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/water/climate/

You enter your location and it tells you such information as the average
temps and precipitation by month (avg daily min/max, avg, chances of
precip, avg snowfall), growing season dates (in a number of forms), and
lots of other climatic data.

For instance, I now know that it only gets below 32 degF one in every
ten years after March first here in New Orleans.

I suggest you have a look. It may raise your spirits that spring may
finally get here. Someday.

Michael Fermanis
New Orleans, Louisiana USA (Remove the RICE to reply)

Thanks for the site. As usual, my area came up N/A in all
catagories I guess nobody knows. :(

--
Bonnie
NJ

Just Me \Koi\ 12-02-2003 12:55 PM

When is it going to warm up?

I beg to differ, Joisey may still not be part of the USofA. :-)

--
_______________________________________
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."

"MLF" wrote in message

"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote:
For you folks who are having trouble figuring out when spring will
arrive (like me), have a look at the following web site:

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/water/climate/

Thanks for the site. As usual, my area came up N/A in all
catagories I guess nobody knows. :(

Bonnie:

What part of Joisey are you in? It's still part of the United States
(unless I didn't get the memo on that), and the site is a government
one, so your county ought to be there.

If not, look he

http://climate.rutgers.edu/stateclim/njclimdata.html

Bonnie Espenshade 12-02-2003 01:25 PM

When is it going to warm up?

MLF wrote:
"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote:

For you folks who are having trouble figuring out when spring will
arrive (like me), have a look at the following web site:

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/water/climate/

Thanks for the site. As usual, my area came up N/A in all
catagories I guess nobody knows. :(

Bonnie:

What part of Joisey are you in? It's still part of the United States
(unless I didn't get the memo on that), and the site is a government
one, so your county ought to be there.

If not, look he

http://climate.rutgers.edu/stateclim/njclimdata.html

Michael Fermanis
New Orleans, Louisiana USA (Remove the RICE to reply)

I'm in Warren Co. and it still comes up N/A. This was a
farm area until recent years. I know the last date of
possible frost has always been stated as Memorial Day, but I
was curious to see the info.

--
Bonnie
NJ

BenignVanilla 12-02-2003 03:55 PM

When is it going to warm up?

"MLF" wrote in message
snip
What part of Joisey are you in? It's still part of the United States
(unless I didn't get the memo on that), and the site is a government
one, so your county ought to be there.

snip

I dunno. When I moved to MD from NJ, I needed a passport and a visa.

BV.