GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pumps off....... winter arrives (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/109004-pumps-off-winter-arrives.html)

Koi-lo 12-11-2005 04:55 PM

Pumps off....... winter arrives

The pumps will be shut off today and both the filters and pumps cleaned and
stored for the winter. A dirty end-of-season job I don't enjoy too much.
The replacement shaft my husband made for the Tetra Pump works fine. That
Fish Place says they're sending the ceramic shafts out this week. The old
fish tank heaters will be floated (through Styrofoam) in the small pools to
keep a warm spot on the bottom. This is where the fish congregate when the
heater is on in really cold weather. In 10 years no fish were lost to these
pools freezing or overcooling.
--
Reel McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: