GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL THE PONDERS (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/109990-happy-holidays-all-ponders.html)

Bette In Ohio 20-12-2005 04:58 AM

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL THE PONDERS

It's frigid here in Central OH right now, (in the single digits at night
and low 20's during the day-- but the bubblers and my small low-watt
heater, seem to be doing their job.

I wish you all a wonderful Holiday Season and hope your ponds bring you
great joy during the coming year.

Bette in Ohio

Koi-lo 20-12-2005 05:45 AM

"Bette In Ohio" wrote in message
It's frigid here in Central OH right now, (in the single digits at night
and low 20's during the day-- but the bubblers and my small low-watt
heater, seem to be doing their job.

I wish you all a wonderful Holiday Season and hope your ponds bring you
great joy during the coming year.

Bette in Ohio

==================
Same to you! :-)
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952

Gary Woods 20-12-2005 03:08 PM

(Bette In Ohio) wrote:

I wish you all a wonderful Holiday Season and hope your ponds bring you
great joy during the coming year.

Equally cold in upstate New York; last night the sky was crystal clear,
with the Orion Nebula clearly visible to my aged eyes.

The pond is nicely frozen, and life slowing in preparation for a nice rest.
I'm going to a solstice party tomorrow evening with a group of like-minded
friends, looking forward to the turning of the great wheel and the return
of the sun.

[email protected] 20-12-2005 11:49 PM

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL THE PONDERS

absolutely. our plans too. Ingrid

Gary Woods wrote:

(Bette In Ohio) wrote:
I'm going to a solstice party tomorrow evening with a group of like-minded
friends, looking forward to the turning of the great wheel and the return
of the sun.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
sign up: http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/web/wa.cgi?REPORT&z=3
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

~ jan jjspond 21-12-2005 04:38 AM

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL THE PONDERS

Ditto on the merry greetings. :o) ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

Gail Futoran 21-12-2005 02:17 PM

"~ jan jjspond" wrote in message
Ditto on the merry greetings. :o) ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

Seasons greetings, ponders!

Gail
near San Antonio TX USA Zone 8

San Diego Joe 22-12-2005 12:14 AM

"Bette In Ohio" wrote:

It's frigid here in Central OH right now, (in the single digits at night
and low 20's during the day-- but the bubblers and my small low-watt
heater, seem to be doing their job.

I wish you all a wonderful Holiday Season and hope your ponds bring you
great joy during the coming year.

Bette in Ohio

Water is about 55. Very warm today, 80's I think. The sky looks kind of
disgusting though. Must be getting ready for a Santa Ana.

Best to all.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

~ jan jjspond 22-12-2005 03:47 AM

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:14:44 -0800, San Diego Joe wrote:

Water is about 55. Very warm today, 80's I think. The sky looks kind of
disgusting though. Must be getting ready for a Santa Ana.

We finally warmed up so I could turn off the stock tank heater for awhile.
Suppose to be in the 40s the next couple of days and dry for the weekend.

Now a test (no not water quality): It was time to trade in the 13 yo gas
guzzling van so we got a Prius. I've named it Priss. Who can tell me the
relevance of that name? :) ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

Phyllis and Jim Hurley 22-12-2005 01:15 PM

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL THE PONDERS

Likewise to you! Merry Christmas!

We are having some nights with temps below freezing...28 degrees this
morning. No ice as the days come back up well above freezing. The fish
just sit or cruise slowly. Pond is actually gin clear. Unlike when
anything is growing...then it is tea clear.

Jim

kc 23-12-2005 04:13 AM

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL THE PONDERS

Happy Holidays y'all from Atlanta, GA (even though I'm originally from San
Diego and would could really enjoy those 80 degree days right now)...fish
are still swimming around and I'm tempted to feed them on the odd warmer
day, but I know that would just mix up their systems...
Kirsten

[email protected] 23-12-2005 09:04 PM

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL THE PONDERS

oh.. and I saw feathers so started checking the edges of the pond and found a morning
dove had incredibly worked its way under the netting and into the water and couldnt
get out (dead of course). I dont get it. they could still reach the water thru the
net, not that I was happy about that. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

Wilmdale 24-12-2005 12:16 PM

~ jan jjspond wrote:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:14:44 -0800, San Diego Joe wrote:

Water is about 55. Very warm today, 80's I think. The sky looks kind of
disgusting though. Must be getting ready for a Santa Ana.

We finally warmed up so I could turn off the stock tank heater for awhile.
Suppose to be in the 40s the next couple of days and dry for the weekend.

Now a test (no not water quality): It was time to trade in the 13 yo gas
guzzling van so we got a Prius. I've named it Priss. Who can tell me the
relevance of that name? :) ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

Priss. From Blade Runner?
W. Dale

~ jan jjspond 25-12-2005 03:18 AM

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 21:04:30 GMT, wrote:

oh.. and I saw feathers so started checking the edges of the pond and found a morning
dove had incredibly worked its way under the netting and into the water and couldnt
get out (dead of course). I dont get it. they could still reach the water thru the
net, not that I was happy about that. Ingrid

Bummer about the bird. We finally warmed up and could leave the heater off.
Water temp 39* now. ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

~ jan jjspond 25-12-2005 03:20 AM

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL THE PONDERS

Now a test (no not water quality): It was time to trade in the 13 yo gas
guzzling van so we got a Prius. I've named it Priss. Who can tell me the
relevance of that name? :) ~ jan

Priss. From Blade Runner?
W. Dale

We have a winner! I'd almost given up that anyone would make the
connection. ;-) ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a