Old 27-12-2005, 08:12 PM posted to rec.ponds
Wilmdale

Default Pond web site - Re-Construction

Well, my ISP told me my site was too big and they are going to charge me
$10 per month for the extra storage. Gee, for that price I could 10 X
the storage in a new hard drive and have my PC act as a server! LOL :-P
.. Oh, well. So, for the time being, it will be under re-construction
till I can get it down to 10 MB. It was up to 33MB. I may have to just
keep rotating picture in and out. I don't know, but we will see.
Until next time,
Happy New Year!!!
W. Dale

Old 27-12-2005, 10:23 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

"Wilmdale" wrote in message
Well, my ISP told me my site was too big and they are going to charge me
$10 per month for the extra storage. Gee, for that price I could 10 X
the storage in a new hard drive and have my PC act as a server! LOL :-P
. Oh, well. So, for the time being, it will be under re-construction
till I can get it down to 10 MB. It was up to 33MB. I may have to just
keep rotating picture in and out. I don't know, but we will see.
Until next time,
Happy New Year!!!

=====================
There are free places you can put your pics such as Snapfish. Search around
as there are many of them out there.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952

Old 27-12-2005, 10:59 PM posted to rec.ponds

http://www.dreamhost.com/shared/
Monthly Price: $9.95
1 FREE domain registration
www.yourname.com
UNLIMITED domains hosted
15 subdomains
4800 MB Disk, 120 GB Transfer
600 Mailboxes, 75 Shell/FTP Users

Wilmdale wrote:

Well, my ISP told me my site was too big and they are going to charge me
$10 per month for the extra storage. Gee, for that price I could 10 X
the storage in a new hard drive and have my PC act as a server! LOL :-P
. Oh, well. So, for the time being, it will be under re-construction
till I can get it down to 10 MB. It was up to 33MB. I may have to just
keep rotating picture in and out. I don't know, but we will see.
Until next time,
Happy New Year!!!
W. Dale

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
sign up: http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/web/wa.cgi?REPORT&z=3
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE
Old 28-12-2005, 01:35 PM posted to rec.ponds
J.D. Stone

"Wilmdale" wrote in message
Well, my ISP told me my site was too big and they are going to charge me
$10 per month for the extra storage. Gee, for that price I could 10 X
the storage in a new hard drive and have my PC act as a server! LOL :-P
. Oh, well. So, for the time being, it will be under re-construction
till I can get it down to 10 MB. It was up to 33MB. I may have to just
keep rotating picture in and out. I don't know, but we will see.
Until next time,
Happy New Year!!!
W. Dale

You might check your picture sizes. Most people take pictures way too large
for internet viewing. Your pictures should be 20-30 kb (either 640x480 or
800x600 should work well).

JD
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/

Old 28-12-2005, 07:31 PM posted to rec.ponds
Wilmdale

J.D. Stone wrote:

"Wilmdale" wrote in message

Well, my ISP told me my site was too big and they are going to charge me
$10 per month for the extra storage. Gee, for that price I could 10 X
the storage in a new hard drive and have my PC act as a server! LOL :-P
. Oh, well. So, for the time being, it will be under re-construction
till I can get it down to 10 MB. It was up to 33MB. I may have to just
keep rotating picture in and out. I don't know, but we will see.
Until next time,
Happy New Year!!!
W. Dale

You might check your picture sizes. Most people take pictures way too large
for internet viewing. Your pictures should be 20-30 kb (either 640x480 or
800x600 should work well).

JD
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/

Yeah, you are probably right there. I had some pretty large jpg store
so viewers could see the full version. I have cut them down
considerably even though they are still beyond the 20-30 kb size. I
will see what I can do to reduce the size a bit more without losing too
much of the resolution. I probably needed to clean up the site anyway.
You know, new year and all?
Thanks for the input, JD
W. Dale