Old 19-01-2006, 04:21 PM posted to rec.ponds
burky

Default lymnozyme

Can anybody tell me if lymnozyme can be used & do any good in water
that is under 50 degrees. Thank you..

Old 19-01-2006, 04:47 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

"burky" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anybody tell me if lymnozyme can be used & do any good in water
that is under 50 degrees. Thank you..

==============================
The place I buy it told me to wait until the water is around 58 to 60F (or
over) for the best effects. I add it when it's in the 60ish area. I also
use it in my indoor fishtanks (goldfish and real tiny koi).
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952

Old 20-01-2006, 03:16 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

On 19 Jan 2006 08:21:21 -0800, "burky"
wrote:

Can anybody tell me if lymnozyme can be used & do any good in water
that is under 50 degrees. Thank you..

Read the bottle, don't think so. Pretty pricey to apply at 50*F. ~ jan

--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 23-01-2006, 01:49 AM posted to rec.ponds

You are just wasting your money if you follow the label in my opinion
the stuff is expensive at low temps. I would bring in a gallon or two
of pond water, heat it up over the stove to around 80 degrees or use an
aquarium heater. When the water is warm put it in a well lit place with
an airstone or just stir the water once in awhile. Add a teaspoon or
two of Lymnozyme/koizyme. I sometimes add an egg so the bacteria has
something to munch on. In an hour or two you will have plenty of good
guy bacteria to nuke the pond with. Water temperature is what will let
the bacteria reproduce quickly. I would not wait I think your smart
wanting to get the stuff in the pond to give the good guy bacteria a
head start. I have had other cultures where the label said put it in a
bucket in the sun for an hour and stir occasionly. This stuff with a
good filter is great!