GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Koi fry update (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/110861-koi-fry-update.html)

Koi-lo 24-01-2006 06:06 AM

Koi fry update

The young koi hatched last April are still thriving. Some were sold late
last summer. So far only one didn't make the winter. We had a cold spell
that froze over the surface except for a small hole where the 300w heater
was. I bought another 600g pool to grow out some of the young butterfly
koi. It's a thrill to get the different and unusual ones you don't see in
the stores. I'll be keeping some of these.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952