GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Swamp Buttercups (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/1109-swamp-buttercups.html)

Cynthia Donahey 11-02-2003 06:25 PM

Swamp Buttercups

I have this rather invasive buttercup in my garden. Very shiny bright
yellow flowers that blooms in both sun and shade for almost a month in the
spring. It takes a fair amount of work to control it. I always thought
it was an introduced species - I've seen English garden pictures where it
always seems to be paired with Herb Robert.

It does grow in a tumble with other plants in the garden. Is this plant
also a marginal? Is it considered a wetland weed or what? How invasive
is it in a wet situation?

It is one of my favorite spring flowers, but it does take extra work to
control.

joe 12-02-2003 01:25 AM

Swamp Buttercups

Cynthia Donahey wrote:

I have this rather invasive buttercup in my garden. Very shiny bright
yellow flowers that blooms in both sun and shade for almost a month in the
spring. It takes a fair amount of work to control it. I always thought
it was an introduced species - I've seen English garden pictures where it
always seems to be paired with Herb Robert.

Do the leaves look like shamrocks? If so I have that crap everywhere in
spring. Seems almost impossible to eradicate too. It's called...hmmm let me
think. Never mind, I'll have to go look it up.

Joe "mind like a steel sieve"