GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   For the Troops Please sign up (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/11130-troops-please-sign-up.html)

[email protected] 20-03-2003 11:20 PM

For the Troops Please sign up

All,
Please visit the=A0 Department of Defense web page below and sign
in=A0thanking the men and women of the U.S. military services for=A0
defending our=A0freedom.=A0=A0The compiled list of names will be sent
out=A0 to our soldiers at the end of=A0=A0the month. So far, there are
only=A0 about 5.2 million names. What a shame.=A0=A0National Military
Appreciation=A0 Month.=A0 The entire exercise takes
10=A0=A0seconds...literally.
Please pass it on to your email friends.
http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.htm
Tx. AL

Nedra 21-03-2003 05:20 AM

For the Troops Please sign up

Thanks Al. I have twin 19 year old grandsons in this War.
My heart is in my throat 99.9 percent of the time....

Nedra

wrote in message
All,
Please visit the Department of Defense web page below and sign
in thanking the men and women of the U.S. military services for
defending our freedom. The compiled list of names will be sent
out to our soldiers at the end of the month. So far, there are
only about 5.2 million names. What a shame. National Military
Appreciation Month. The entire exercise takes
10 seconds...literally.

K30a 21-03-2003 05:32 AM

For the Troops Please sign up

Nedra wrote I have twin 19 year old grandsons in this War.

oh-my-goodness, Nedra!
Where or what, relatively speaking, are they or what do they do?
BIL was in GW1&2 and Bosnia flying a refueling tanker.

k30a

Nedra 21-03-2003 01:44 PM

For the Troops Please sign up

Nathan is Special Forces in Kuwait - now probably in
Iraq.
Mike is a "purple shirt" launching jets
on board the Aircraft Carrier Carl Vinson ... not
sure where he is. Probably North Korea?

You know whereof I speak then .....

Nedra

K30a 21-03-2003 03:08 PM

For the Troops Please sign up

Nedra, will cross all fingers
for your grandsons!

k30a

BenignVanilla 21-03-2003 03:08 PM

"K30a" wrote in message

Nedra, will cross all fingers
for your grandsons!

Here, here.

Some people don't realize the dangers involved in being a "shirt" on the
deck of a carrier. Some would argue it's more dangerous then in the cockpit
of the aircraft. God speed to all of our service men and women, and to the
people of Iraq.

BV.

Nedra 21-03-2003 04:44 PM

For the Troops Please sign up

Thanks, Kathy. Appreciate ....

Nedra

Nedra 21-03-2003 04:44 PM

For the Troops Please sign up

BV, I didn't know... not until my son told me how dangerous
Mike's job is. Knowing these two guys ... they are out for
all the danger handed to them.
I'm watching FOX News 20 - 24 hours a day since the
beginning of the War. Thank Heavens things are going well.

Nedra

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...

Bonnie Espenshade 21-03-2003 04:56 PM

Nedra wrote:
BV, I didn't know... not until my son told me how dangerous
Mike's job is. Knowing these two guys ... they are out for
all the danger handed to them.
I'm watching FOX News 20 - 24 hours a day since the
beginning of the War. Thank Heavens things are going well.

Nedra

When I didn't see you posting for a few days, I figured you
were glued to the tv. Hope your grandsons will be back home
soon, safe and sound.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Nedra 21-03-2003 05:56 PM

For the Troops Please sign up

Bonnie, Bonnie ... you know me well.
And you are soo right about how my time is being
spent.

Thanks for the kind words ....

Nedra

BenignVanilla 21-03-2003 06:20 PM

For the Troops Please sign up

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Bonnie, Bonnie ... you know me well.
And you are soo right about how my time is being
spent.

Thanks for the kind words ....

Nedra

What I want to know is...Does Nedra have little model battleships floating
in her pond?

BV.

John Rutz 21-03-2003 08:08 PM

Nedra wrote:
Nathan is Special Forces in Kuwait - now probably in
Iraq.
Mike is a "purple shirt" launching jets
on board the Aircraft Carrier Carl Vinson ... not
sure where he is. Probably North Korea?

You know whereof I speak then .....

Nedra

"and Ill cross my eyes and toes

may they all come home

--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so
see my pond at:
http://www.fuerjefe.com

Mosfunland 21-03-2003 11:20 PM

For the Troops Please sign up

Nedra I'll keep your boy in my prayers. My son is still in Utah...who knows
how it will go for these boys....and girls...

Maureen

Nedra 21-03-2003 11:44 PM

For the Troops Please sign up

BV, No... no model battleships in my pond - just in
my head ...
For Nathan I have the uniform of Special Forces
in my head ...
;-)

Nedra

"BenignVanilla" wrote in