Old 21-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default Weekend Warrior

Did anyone happen to see Weekend Warrior? It was about
a young woman and her mother installing a koi pond in
her backyard. She kept saying a koi pond, but she was
mainly building it for her turtle. They finished the
construction in three days.
She did, in the end put goldfish (at least I didn't see and
koi) in the pond and her turtle (red eared slider). I
didn't see an island and she built the edges with a overhang
inward to prevent the turtle from leaving the pond.
Wouldn't a island be a necessity?
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 21-03-2003, 11:20 PM
K30a

Bonnie wrote
Wouldn't a island be a necessity?

Oh yeah!!
Basking is the *only* way for a turtle to
regulate its body temperature.

Sometimes it scares me to watch what they
do on these landscaping shows - the problems down the road!

k30a
Old 23-03-2003, 03:32 AM
Springworks

I had to change the channel.... They were making me nervous..........